Systems Admin Manager (Windows, VMware. SCCM, Security)
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
The Systems Administrator Manager will lead and support a wide range of technology and services while providing proactive and effective technical support and planning to a diverse customer base within the Yeshiva IT Department. The System Administrator, is responsible overseeing for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems especially servers. System duties are performed on a variety of Operating Systems with a heavy emphasis on Microsoft's server products. The position reports to the Technical Director (TD).
The successful candidate will add value by:
- Perform Operating System upgrades in the Microsoft Windows environment after developing an upgrade plan and reviewing the plan with the TD. This includes but is not limited to implementing, maintaining and enhancing the Directory and Messaging Service platforms.
- Monitoring system performance and propose software updates or parameter changes to enhance system performance.
- Supporting the Cisco VoIP environment including performing adds/moves/changes of phone equipment and ensuring that the environment stays current with product releases.
- Maintain required Operating System security on all centralized Windows machines by utilizing automated patching and Anti-Virus technologies.
- Developing, installing, maintaining and testing software to provide regular back-up and restoring processing for all network servers.
- Assisting with the set-up, configuration and maintenance of IP based security cameras.
- Assisting, as needed, in network printer set-up, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Working with hardware and software vendors as required to aid in resolving issues.
- Sharing technical and functional expertise with other members of the team as required.
- Documenting various processing procedures for use by other IT staff members.
- Off- and on-site incident response, problem management, endpoint management, project management, knowledge management, file server administration and management, vendor relationship management, business analysis, and informing the overall technical strategy for the department. Will work with a broad range of infrastructure products and basic networking components to provide customer-focused support, maintenance, and guidance for moderately to highly complex client products; and review trends with department leadership, support resources, and working groups to identify recurring problems, potential issues, or problems and incidents that affect multiple clients in order to effectively find solutions and manage an organized response.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; a minimum of five years' end-user support and system administration experience; experience supporting Mac, Windows, Windows Server, Linux, iOS, and Android platforms and diagnosing/resolving problems across their software, hardware, and managed service product lines; experience with Endpoint and server management services and tools, preferably SCCM, Active Directory, and VMWare platforms; experience with common IT ticketing platforms, common cloud platforms, and Active Directory container administration; familiarity with IT security best practices and with desktop and server virtualization; strong diagnostic skills and working knowledge of current technology; ability to be flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced environment; and ability to lift weights of at least 20 pounds.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Office365 is preferred
- Strong understanding of high availability technologies such as Load Balancers, Clusters etc. is required.
- Strong understanding of Powershell scripting is required.
- Strong understanding of VMWare technology is preferred.
- Experience with migration of on-premise exchange to O365 is desired.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top