Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
We are seeking talented individuals to join our Cloud Database Engineering team. So if you are a well-trained and motivateddatabase administrator or engineerwith strong AWS and scripting experienceand are interested in a career delivering innovative solutions to our growing client base in higher education, then this is your ideal opportunity! As a Cloud Database Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Conduct root cause analyses of poor performance and instability of database systems that are escalated from Tier 2 Support teams.
- Design, develop, and document processes, procedures, and tools for diagnosing and fixing known bugs and problems, for improving efficiency, and for automating common tasks.
- Analyze changes in each database version release, hot fix, or service pack and update the existing documents, processes, procedures, and tools to make sure that they continue to work with these changes.
- Document and escalate database related application issues with detailed analyses to the Product Development teams.
- Install, configure, upgrade, migrate, backup, restore, troubleshoot, and tune a large number of database systems in a 24x7 production environments.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Applications teams on efforts to improve database performance, stability, and availability.
- Install, setup, and configure third party tools for collecting and analyzing database performance and stability issues.
- Write standard operating procedures and train database administrators and support engineers to perform new tasks and use new tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in installing, configuring, upgrading, migrating, backing up, restoring, troubleshooting, and tuning Microsoft SQL Server databases in a large 24x7 production environment.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting SQL Server database performance using native tools such Profiler, Activity Monitor, Data Collector, Dynamic Management Views, Extended Events, and Performance Monitor.
- 1+ years of experience in developing automation tools using PowerShell, Perl, PHP, Python, or Ruby for a large production environment with 1,00+ servers.
- Experience writing standard operating procedures.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional global and remote teamswith diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrating good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top