Software Test Engineer
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
As an Automation Test Engineer, you will be working with a team of Manual and Automation test engineers who are encouraged to be logical yet innovative and think out of the box. Come up with forward-thinking solutions and be eager to support the upgrading of our testing function. This means you will have a passion and desire to learn new things and would be part of the Test Automation team driving automation for the product.
We are looking for people who will challenge the norm, that wants to take accountability for their own path but will come together with a team to really enable our customer to greatness.
Our offices are state of the art and provide top of the range equipment. Working in an agile environment, we encourage regular meetings where people can share their ideas and thoughts.
- Understand the Ellucian Automation framework, the product's automation framework and contribute to writing automation test scripts, execute and maintain them across all browsers.
- Ability to understand the manual test cases and the logical functional flows of the product and then automate the flows and scenarios.
- Manage and take ownership of automation with minimal supervision.
- Preparation of test coverage and regression analysis reports supporting high-quality delivery.
- Work closely with developers to ensure the highest quality of software in a very agile environment.
- Ability to identify and communicate defects and ambiguities at all levels from requirements through implementation to UI.
- Taking ownership of day to day deliverables and bringing them to a logical conclusion.
- Ability to work with a fast-paced high performing team built around the culture of trust and candor.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in the software testing role with a very strong hold on Selenium and Core Java.
- Minimum of 1+ years' Experience working with Soap and Rest API testing using tools like soap UI, postman, etc.
- Experience working with Rest Assured.
- Experience with Functional Testing.
- Computer Science Degree or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence and QA Complete for Test Management.
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem-solving and pays close attention to detail.
- Experience working in Agile SCRUM.
- Strong team player is able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Takes an innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience of version management tools like GitHub/Bitbucket.
- Experience in implementing test automation frameworks, continuous integration, etc.
- Functional knowledge of the Higher Education Domain is a plus.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top