Software Test Engineer
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Description of Job Duties:
The Colleague Ethos API team is looking for a Software Test Engineer. Successful candidates will lead the team's end-point test automation efforts. Exciting opportunity to work with a high performing team building high quality solutions. Get a firsthand look at our vision on our website http://www.ellucian.com/Ethos/.
Great benefits, open work space and supportive environment with opportunities for advancement. You will be engaged with developing solutions from beginning to end, as well as:
- Working with the project team to analyze testing needs in order to create and execute a comprehensive test automation strategy, including both functional and technical/system-level testing
- Actively participating in software requirements, design, and code reviews to providing early and continuous quality feedback
- Identifying and developing manual and automated test scripts for various types of testing: Acceptance, Usability, Functional, and Regression
- Setting-up and maintaining test environments
- Executing / analyzing test cases and communicating results.
- Helping troubleshoot and verify bugs and errors reported
- Writing code to automate regression tests
- Updating test scripts based on bugs and changes / upgrades to the application
- Working with team members to find the cause of defects
- Working effectively with members of the project team to ensure project success, and championing high quality throughout the project
- Proactively seeking ways to incorporate new/creative ideas and methodologies into testing efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tools
Required Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of in-depth experience and demonstrated proficiency with automated testing, software testing methodologies, process, and deliverables
- Experience with automated testing tools and technologies, including but not limited to Selenium, Java, ReadyAPI, Postman, & Jenkins
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience writing test plans, strategies, and test cases
- Experience in large-scale system deployments
- Comfortable working with SQL and databases for back-end testing, test set-up and trouble-shooting purposes
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Microsoft TFS)
- Technical depth and passion for identifying new automation strategies
- Hands-on experience creating test processes and scripts for software and API end-points.
- Highly motivated self-starter with advanced capability to quickly learn, and work with new technologies and complex technical environments, including a variety of databases and operating systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and strong teamwork relationships
- Ability to work hands-on and also provide leadership in the implementation of complex testing solutions. Display a high-level of initiative and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and keep stakeholders informed of progress toward goals.
- Experience testing complex multi-tiered web based systems and complex data-driven applications
Desired Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience using a test management tool, such as SmartBear, QA Complete, or HP Quality Center
- Proficiency with API development debug tools
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Jira or other issue and project management solutions
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Rochester
Back to top