Software Test Engineer
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- The Ellucian Ethos Identity is middleware enterprise software that provides Identity and Access Management solution.Ethos Identity Management team is looking for a Software Test Engineer who will be involved in designing test processes and procedures used to ensure that software operates within defined requirements. Uses programming skills, database skills, and white box testing methods to implement things such as test plans, test cases, automation scripts, automation frameworks, performance testing, Accessibility testing, Security testing or validation strategies. Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed. Identifies, investigates, and resolves issues found during testing.
Your specific duties will include:
- Work with the project team to analyze project/product requirements and testing needs in order to create and execute a comprehensive test strategy including both functional and technical/system-level testing
- Actively participate in software requirements, design, and code reviews to provide early and continuous quality feedback
- Identify and develop manual and automated test scripts for various types of testing: Acceptance, Usability, Functional, and Regression
- Setup and maintain test environments
- Execute/analyze test cases and communicate results.
- Help troubleshoot and verify bugs and errors reported
- Write code to automate regression tests
- Participate in code reviews
- Update test scripts based on bugs and changes/upgrades to the application
- Work with team members to find the cause of defects
- Work effectively with members of the project team to ensure project success and champion high quality throughout the project
- Proactively seek ways to incorporate new/creative ideas and methodologies into testing efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience testing complex multi-tiered web based systems and complex Identity Management and SSO applications
- Good understanding of testing methodology and software development life-cycles
- Experience writing test plans, strategies, and test cases
- Automating regression tests around the test frameworks and keeping on increasing test coverage
- Experience with automated testing tools and technologies, including but not limited to Selenium Web-driver,
- Proficient with testing REST APIs, Web & Database testing.
- Experience using tools such as SOAP UI andPOSTMAN
- Proficient with SQL and relational database concepts
- Able to define, measure and track quality metrics and drive quality within project
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and keep stakeholders informed of progress toward goals.
- Experience in single signon and federation protocols such as CAS, SAML 2.0, OpenId Connect
- Experience with identity providers such as Shibboleth, ADFS, Jasig CAS, WSO2 Identity Server
- Test Management tool proficiency ( ALM Complete or similar).
- Experience with performance and load testing will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of AWS and Devops
Career Level :Mid-Career
Hiring Manager Name:Ramakrishna Bellala
Recruiter Name:Naveen Crasta
Employee Class:Regular Employee
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top