Software Engineer - Release
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Analyze and review business, functional and release requirements
- Build, package and release according to specifications and standards
- Participate in release planning and reviews
- Present ideas and solutions that betters release process
- Engage in continuous learning and adoption of new concepts, technologies and functionality
- Demonstrate ownership from release planning till product release
- Manage the application servers and keeping up-to-date with latest releases
- 1-2 years of release engineering experience and product/application packaging
- Sound knowledge of Software Configuration Management
- Good understanding of Oracle database objects and SQL required for packaging.
- Strong experience in working on various flavors of Unix and specifically Linux
- Hands on experience working on SVN and GIT
- Hands on experience in writing shell scripts
- Hands on experience working with Jenkins CI.
- Experience with Apache Tomcat and/or Weblogic
- Desire to learn and implement DevOps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent team player
Career Level :Mid-Career
Hiring Manager Name:Raghav Anantharama
Recruiter Name:Naveen Crasta
Employee Class:Regular Employee
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top