Software Engineer Intern
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
As aSoftware Engineer Intern, you may bring new and creative solutions to the evolution of our product while supporting ourdesign principles: extensibility, configuration, usability, openness, and scalability. You may engage in the full development life cycle, from specification review to product adoption. This could be an exciting opportunity to work with talented new teams and to build your skills with tools such as Java/J2EE/JEE or Angular.JS, HTML5, and more.
Your specific duties will include:
- Initial work will be around accessibility for sight-impaired users. We have a list of UI objects currently not visible to screen readers, which will need to be worked through one at a time to analyze and modify to make them recognized by a screen reader, testing to verify each object.
- There may be some needed work to build some standards or more advancedchecking of code upon developer check-in in our Git repository
Your specific duties may also include, upon completion of the above and based on skill and knowledge:
- Work with the project team to analyze project/product requirements in order to create and deploy Data and Analytics Platform in the cloud.
- Developing code according to specifications and standards
- Planning and conducting basic unit and module testing
- Supporting quality assurance testing and defect resolution
- Collaborate on architecture and integration requirements across multiple teams
- Engage with the team in software requirements, design, and reviews
- Stay current with advanced technologies especially in JAVA.
- Senior student pursuing Bachelor's degree in IT, CS, CE or related field.
- Programming familiarity using Java.
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish.
- Proficient with PL/SQL or SQL and relational database concepts.
- Logic and reasoning skills - ability to decompose problems into manageable work streams that can be clearly articulated and measured.
- The student must be able to work full time from Jan 21 to May 17, 2019 in our offices in Puebla, Mx.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top