- Bangalore, India
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in.
As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
About the opportunity
Ellucian is seeking an Successful candidates will bring new and creative solutions to the product evolution supporting our design principles: extensibility, configuration, usability, openness, and scalability. Exciting opportunity to work with existing teams and learn advanced aspects of Java.
Where you will make an impact
- Participate in planning and execution activities within a development team
- Analyze and influence business, functional and technical requirements
- Engaging with team in software requirement analysis, design and reviews
- Staying current with modern web development trends
- Develop code according to specifications and standards
- Prepare test data
- Present ideas and solutions
- Plan and conduct basic unit, integration testing, performance testing
- Engage in continuous learning and adoption of new concepts, technology and functionality
- Positions at this level are responsible for planning, processing, and executing technical assignments.
- Makes independent decisions and gets it reviewed before taking action within established practices and procedures.
- Work is collaborative in nature and provides regular updates to scrum team on project/assignments status.
- Impacts team or client productivity/effectiveness.
- Interact with employees and/or clients for specialized or informative purposes.
What you will bring
- 4+ years of experience in Core Java development.
- 4+ years working experience on database skills, sql and pl/sql.
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Pl/SQL is a required skill. Ability to write queries and database objects while following standards and processes.
- Web Development best practices
- Demonstrated innovations at work
- Experience in working with distributed and cross cultural teams
- Experience of Scrum Agile development methodology
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience creating accessible applications
- Interest in higher education applications
- Pro *C
- Knowledge/experience: GIT, PL/SQL, Oracle, Weblogic, Tomcat.
- Experience with Java Performance Analysis and Tuning
- Experience with designing and implementing SaaS based applications
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) standards
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean In Team to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Education Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2331
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: None
Back to top