At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in.
As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
About the opportunity
Ellucian is seeking a Successful candidate who will bring new and creative solutions to the evolution of our product while supporting our design principles: extensibility, configuration, usability, openness, and scalability. You will engage in the full development life cycle, from specification review to product adoption. we are seeking a software developer to design, develop, and implement a variety of applications as part of a high-performing Scrum team. If you have a strong knowledge of development languages and the skills to apply those languages in an Agile environment, we want to talk to you
Where you will make an impact
- Analyzing and reviewing business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Developing code according to specifications and standards.
- Planning and conducting basic unit and module testing.
- Supporting quality assurance testing and defect resolution.
- Participating on a high performing Scrum team designing and developing reusable platform components and web applications.
- Engaging with the team in software requirements, designs, and reviews.
- Ensuring that HTML/CSS is cross-browser, standards compliant, and meets accessibility requirements.
- Engaging with User Experience team to clarify and develop user interface based on comps.
- Staying current with modern development trends and looking for opportunities to improve our development approaches and best practices.
- Be able to participate in Devops adoption of the company's products.
- Ability to use CI tool like Jenkins to automate testing and deployment tasks and monitor quality continuously.
- Hands with concepts of Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD).
- Engaging with customer's technical staff to resolve support issues.
- Provide estimation to development tasks.
- Assist software development manager in project planning and meeting release targets.
What you will bring
- BE/B.Tech/MCA, preferably in a software development related discipline.
- 3+ years of in-depth experience and demonstrated proficiency with Java, Spring and Hibernate, Node.js, SQL, PL-SQL, and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Agile software development practices such as XP, Lean Agile, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Experience working on small teams from project definition through implementation.
- Familiarity with development best practices.
- Understanding of web accessibility.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jasmine or JUnit.
- Proficiency with server-side Java technology such as Servlets, Java Server Pages, or Grails.
- Knowledge/experience in the following:
- UNIX/Linux based operating system.
- DevOps and AWS cloud computing.
- Responsive Design.
- Database systems such as Postgres SQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Git source control.
- CI and CD tools like Jenkins.
- User Experience Design (UXD).
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean In Team to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Education Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2582
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: None