- Bengaluru, India
Together we are powering the future of Higher Education
Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,700 customers and reaching over 20 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
About the opportunity
Ellucian is seeking an innovative, collaborative, hands-on individual. The Software Developer position is a key contributor to the design and development of the Quercus Product.
Where you will make an impact
- Implementing design, writing code, unit testing, automating unit tests, provide technical inputs to the Documentation team, maintenance of the source code and some cross functional support for escalations.
- Ability to quickly pick up new areas in the product and write optimal code taking into consideration the security and performance aspects of the product.
- Be a proactive team member curious during the grooming of stories and asking relevant questions to the Product Owner/Product Manager.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business and technical requirements for each assigned user story.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile development environment.
- Build responsive user interfaces utilizing framework of common UI components
- Provide input for product documentation and collect screenshots and updates.
- Identify basic development planning and goals.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Architects, fellow Developers, QAs and fellow Designers to determine the optimum user interface design, workflow, and functionality of software products.
- Ready to learn new technologies and try out developing working POCs during innovation days.
- Taking ownership of day to day tasks and bringing tasks to a logical conclusion.
- Last but not the least is the ability to work with a fast-paced high performing built around the culture of trust and candor.
What you will bring
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Experience working in complex enterprise solutions is a plus.
- Very strong Oracle PL/SQL and SQL are required.
- Experience with Oracle APEX development is required.
- Experience using Bitbucket /GitHub for version controlling
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean In Team to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Education Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2531
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: None
Back to top