Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Software development professionals, are you ready to build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry-leading company? Join our team at Ellucian! We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions that help educational institutions navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. For the past 40 years, we've been focused on one thing: helping students succeed. That's why today we are the leading provider of solutions designed exclusively to meet the unique needs of higher education. Our passion speaks for itself-today we serve 2,400 institutions and 18 million students in 40 countries around the globe.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a passionate Software Developer. In this role, you will serve as a subject matter expert, transforming cutting edge technology. This is an exciting opportunity to build out your professional skill set while contributing effectively within a dynamic agile team environment. If you like serving the community by innovating technology within the Higher Education industry, and if you meet our qualifications, then we are just the perfect place for you. Contact us today!
As a Software Developer, you will serve as a key contributor on a Scrum team to bring new and creative solutions to our growing Cloud products portfolio. This will involve, engaging in the full development life cycle, from design and development, to testing and release.
Specific responsibilities for this software development role include:
- Implementing designs, writing code, testing, documentation, maintenance, and some user support
- Solid understanding of business and technical requirements for each assigned user story
- Building responsive user interfaces utilizing framework of common UI components
- Writing business logic API code
- Providing input for product documentation and collect screenshots and updates.
- Identifying basic development planning and goals
- Collaborating with Business Analysts, Architects, Developers and fellow Designers to determine the optimum user interface design, workflow, and functionality of software products
We are looking for a Software Developer who combines an aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts with the ability to work efficiently across distributed teams. You should also have sound decision-making skills, as well as the ability to exercise good judgment while consistently meeting deadlines. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively and professionally with all members throughout the organization.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Ability to work both independently and on a team, in an agile, global environment
- Hands-on experience with large scale relational database development such as:
- CSS3 (including Less and/or Sass)
- AngularJS (1.x)
- MEAN stack (general knowledge, if not working on back end),
- Bootstrap 3.x
- JSON / XML, REST web services
- User centric design
- Agile development practices
Nice to Have:
- Git (and/or Sourcetree)
- Automation tools (grunt and/or Gulp)
- APIs (general knowledge)
- Code validation
- Browser testing
- Agile project management (JIRA, AgileZen, etc.)
- Source code management (SVN, GIT)
- Working knowledge of Ellucian products, a plus
- Hands-on experience with the following, a plus
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or equivalent)
- Dev Ops (Vagrant / Docker, OpsWorks / Ansible etc.)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- NoSQL databases
- Full-stack architecture and development
- Single Page Application (SPA) using AngularJS, Polymer, etc.
- WCAG Accessibility Standards
- Internationalization (i18n)
- Microservices architecture
- Reactive Programming
- Higher education domain knowledge
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Meet Some of Ellucian's Employees
VP, Cloud Engineering
Kyung runs a team of engineers who are dedicated to cloud adoption processes—making sure Ellucian customers users can access their systems and data at all times.
Back to top