Software Analyst, Global Support
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- The successful candidate will utilize their strong communication, analytical and critical thinking skills as a member of the Ellucian Technical Support (Action Line) team supporting our customers on the Quercus and Elevate products.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging with and working closely with customers and other Ellucian business groups to provide technical and functional support for issues arising during the customers usage of Ellucian products.
- The analyst must demonstrate a commitment to working through problems and complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and focus on satisfying the customer.
- The ideal candidate is someone with some experience in software support, development, or who enjoys working directly with customers. Some after business hours work may also be required.
- Provide support to Ellucian customers in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Manage cases efficiently and effectively using Ellucian's case-tracking system, and follow issue progress through resolution.
- Analyze and document steps required to recreate and troubleshoot software problems.
- Work with Tier 2 colleagues on complex issues.
- Liaise with other Ellucian technical teams (Development, Cloud Hosting, Professional Services).
- Consult all available internal information and documentation resources to acquire product and solution knowledge.
- Work both independently as needed and as an active, contributing member of a team.
- Actively contribute and work to continually improve customer self-help through the publication of technically and functionally accurate knowledge base articles.
- Strong customer service orientation and experience, with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to address technical issues.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, having a growth mindset.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on commitments made to customers.
- Strong computer literacy - Microsoft Office, search engines, browsers, security.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: SQL, Oracle Database, Oracle Forms, Oracle Application Express, Oracle Discoverer, Java
- Amazon Web Services (AWS Technologies).
- Experience working in Continuing Education and/or Workforce Development market.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top