Site Reliability Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in.
As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
About the opportunity
Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for keeping all production systems at Ellucian running smoothly. SRE are expected to apply sound engineering principles and operational discipline to develop and deliver automation into our environments. Create monitoring and telemetry to gain insight into the patterns that govern our success and allow Ellucian to deliver on our uptime commitments. Additionally, you would develop and enhance the CD pipeline to deliver successful builds to production. SRE is created to help drive operational excellence through automation and monitoring. Working closely with development teams to build reliability directly into our products and architecture. In the SRE team you will be at the center of driving improvements and change across the organization in additional to accelerating our adoption of containers and Kubernetes
Where you will make an impact
- Responsibility for delivering on identifying, creating, and maintaining SLO's.
- Design, build, and support automation and monitoring that improve system reliability
- Partner with R&D and Operations teams to enhance telemetry and reliability
- Create monitoring to detect symptoms and preempt outages
- Understand, simplify, and automate process to improve systems and reduce toil
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Report problems and participate in related root cause analysis or incident Post Mortems
- Provide analysis of poor performance and instabilities identified in systems.
What you will bring
- 6+ Experience with Linux operating system internals, cloud, databases, networking, algorithms and data structures.
- 6+ Experience programming in any of Python, Java, Go, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting and fixing root causes in n-tier applications hosted in cloud.
- Experience automating solutions for recurring issues for multiple products, spread across thousands of cloud, and driving teams to adapt them.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with containers, kubernetes.
- CI/CD concepts with hands on implementation experience.
- Excellent communication skills driving teams to adapt new tools and methods of working.
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean In Team to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Education Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2404
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: None
Back to top