Senior Software Test Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Together we are powering the future of Higher Education
Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,700 customers and reaching over 20 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
About the opportunity
As an Automation Test Engineer, you will be working with a team of other testers and developers who are encouraged to be logical, innovative, and think out of the box. Our teams have full cycle responsibilities from design through maintenance. This means you will have a passion and desire to learn new things and would be part of a development team driving innovation for our Human Resources and Payroll products.We are looking for people who will challenge the norm, that want to take accountability for their own path, but will come together as a team to enable and delight our customers.Our offices are state of the art and provide top of the range equipment. Working in an agile environment, we encourage regular meetings where people can share their ideas and thoughts.
Where you will make an impact
- Understanding the business needs of our customers
- Help to drive innovation of our products by taking ownership of the full product lifecycle
- Work closely with developers to ensure the highest quality of software in a very agile environment
- Ability to identify and communicate defects and ambiguities at all levels from requirements through implementation
- Understand the Ellucian Automation framework, the product's automation framework and contribute to writing automation test scripts, execute and maintain them across all browsers
- Ability to understand the manual test cases and the logical functional flows of the product and then automate the flows and scenarios
- Manage and take ownership of automation with minimal supervision
- Preparation of test coverage and regression analysis reports supporting high-quality delivery
- Taking ownership of day to day deliverables and bringing them to a logical conclusion
- Ability to work with a fast-paced high performing team built around the culture of trust and candor
What you will bring
- Computer Science Degree or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Functional Testing
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem-solving and pays close attention to detail
- Experience working in Agile SCRUM
- Strong team player is able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Takes an innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence and QA Complete for Test Management
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience of version management tools like GitHub/Bitbucket. Minimum of 4+ years of experience in the software testing role with a very strong hold on Selenium and Core Java
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience working with Soap and Rest API testing using tools like soap UI, postman, etc
- Functional knowledge of the Higher Education Domain is a plus
- Functional knowledge of Human Resources and Payroll is a plus
- Functional knowledge of ERP solutions is a plus
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean In Team to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Education Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2374
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: None
Back to top