Senior Software Developer
- Bengaluru, India
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in.
As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
About the opportunity
Ellucian is seeking an innovative, collaborative, hands-on individual for a Senior Software Developer role.
Where you will make an impact
Use your strong understanding of .Net and the Microsoft technology platform to impact higher education! At Ellucian, we deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions that help education institutions to navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. We are looking for experienced .Net Software developers to join our growing IT team. As a .Net Software developer, you will use your software developer experience to
build world class APIs and applications for the education market. As a .Net Software Developer, you will be a contributor on an established Scrum team, responsible for developing Web based solutions for the education market Additional responsibilities of the .Net Software Developer include:
- Designing, implementing, troubleshooting, and maintaining web development throughout the full SDLC, in support of internal applications and services
- Creating automated unit tests for all development code
- Participate and present in customer demos
- Be part of the strong developer community at Ellucian and share your knowledge and help your peers
- Developing robust and user-friendly .NET-based web applications
What you will bring
Successful candidates for the .Net Software Developer role should be independent thinkers to contribute effectively within a dynamic agile team environment that is responsible for several large releases each year. Someone with exceptional collaboration, listening, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent problem solving skills would be a good fit for this R&D role. Additionally, a strong experience in working in a distributed team across time zones would be beneficial.
Additional requirements of the .Net Software Developer include:
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer / engineer
- Microsoft .NET 4 or higher
- C# programming language
- Web Services using SOAP and REST
- SQL skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Experience in establishment and adherence to coding standards
- Experience with server-side software frameworks
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks as well as changing priorities
- Proven ability to work independently or on a team as required
- Experience, interest, and adaptability to working in a Lean / Agile delivery environment
- CSS 3 or above
- Cloud development using Amazon Web Services
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean In Team to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Education Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2643
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: None
Back to top