Senior Software Developer
- Bangalore, India
About the opportunity
Ellucian is seeking an innovative, collaborative, hands-on individual. The Senior Software Developer position is a key contributor to the design and development of the Quercus Product.
Where you will make an impact
- Implementing design, writing code, unit testing, automating unit tests, provide technical inputs to the Documentation team, maintenance of the source code and some cross functional support for escalations.
- Ability to quickly pick up new areas in the product and write optimal code taking into consideration the security and performance aspects of the product.
- Be a proactive team member curious during the grooming of stories and asking relevant questions to the Product Owner/Product Manager.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business and technical requirements for each assigned user story.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile development environment.
- Build responsive user interfaces utilizing framework of common UI components
- Provide input for product documentation and collect screenshots and updates.
- Identify basic development planning and goals.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Architects, fellow Developers, QAs and fellow Designers to determine the optimum user interface design, workflow, and functionality of software products.
- Ready to learn new technologies and try out developing working POCs during innovation days.
- Taking ownership of day to day tasks and bringing tasks to a logical conclusion.
- Last but not the least is the ability to work with a fast-paced high performing built around the culture of trust and candor.
What you will bring
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Experience working in complex enterprise solutions is a plus.
- Very strong Oracle PL/SQL and SQL are required.
- Experience with Oracle APEX development is required.
- Experience using Bitbucket /GitHub for version controlling
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean In Team to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Education Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2287
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Senior Level
Travel Required: None
Back to top