Senior Project Manager Global Services
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Develop and lead a high-performing team of integration development consultants, QA consultant(s), clients and vendors using proven skills to motivate performance excellence and encourage cross-functional collaboration throughout the full project lifecycle, resulting in the successful implementation of Ellucian's ETHOS Integration's, suite of solutions and business process improvements.
- Proactively monitor and control all aspects of the project to support status reporting to various constituent groups including project financial reports, schedule status, risks, issues, dependencies, team cohesiveness and performance, client satisfaction, barriers to success and overall project health.
- Recommend and lead corrective action based on qualitative and quantitative information to address project escalations and drive to satisfactory resolutions.
- Build trusted relationships with clients, Ellucian resources and vendor partners to support smooth and timely delivery of all services and establish expectations of project team roles, responsibilities and level of participation.
- Demonstrate business acumen and technical experience necessary to communicate with appropriate leadership and key sponsors and negotiate key decisions related to the triple constraints (time, cost, scope) while exceeding client expectations. This may involve negotiations to manage competing priorities and conflicting goals to drive the most appropriate outcomes, while managing risks.
- Develop communication channels to facilitate project planning, execution and the adoption of change necessary to successfully achieve operational goals.
- Contribute to Ellucian's learning environment through candid and constructive internal feedback, recommendations for delivery improvements, open engagement in internal initiatives and willingness to engage in new and challenging opportunities. Identify opportunities for improvement in internal processes and work with the appropriate Ellucian resources in moving those improvements to reality.
- Manage, track, and advise on key performance indicators and metrics that define the overall project health and financial position on a week by week and month by month basis. Elevating awareness of significant risks to ensure appropriate focus on issue resolution.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, MIS or Business Administration
- Experience delivering Secure Software Development projects (utilizing Java, Oracle experience a plus)
- Minimum of 10 years of professional project management experience implementing projects in Software industry.
- Global experience working with US and European clients in offshore model
- Proficient in project tracking, and presentation tools such as MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint or running Agile projects using SCRUM through Design, Development and Testing
- Experienced Project Lead with accountability for all aspects of the full project lifecycle; successfully applying Project Management disciplines such as resource, quality, risk, issues and change management while accountable for meeting time, cost and scope constraints for software implementations and business process improvement projects.
- Experience working with or managing QA teams through lifecycle of Integration, functional, Sanity & System testing a plus
- Proven self-directed, pro-active, results-orientated approach with demonstrated ability to meet contractual obligations, promote teamwork and achieve business goals.
- Demonstrated success creating safe communication environments, facilitating difficult conversations, building consensus, applying analytical thinking, gathering and presenting relevant information, negotiating favorable outcomes under strained circumstances and guiding conflict resolution.
- Experience implementing solutions deployed both on-premise and in the cloud is preferred.
- Superior communication skills working with all project stakeholder at all levels across multiple mediums; verbal, written, in person, and virtual.
- Proven ability to effectively manage service delivery based on Time and Materials or Fixed Price contracts preferred
Career Function:Client Services and Consulting
Career Level :Mid-Career
Hiring Manager Name:Makarand Kulkarni
Recruiter Name:Naveen Crasta
Employee Class:Regular Employee
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top