Senior Network Engineer
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
- Knowledge of high performance data center solutions, network infrastructure LAN/WAN, network security and enterprise wireless infrastructure
- Good communications skills
- Network architecture, manage and troubleshooting focused on Security/Routing and Switching/Wireless/Telecommunications (respectively)
- Analyze business needs and designs, install and support network infrastructure services which includes:
- Deriving and evaluating network/service architecture alternatives
- Designing new services, infrastructure segments or other network solutions
- Creating design diagrams and design documentation
- Implementing services, infrastructure enhancements and changes
- Auditing the network for infrastructure issues or opportunities for enhancement
- Provide operational support revolving around Check Point firewalls. (Security/Threat Prevention Policies, IPSec Site-to-Site VPN Tunneling, Remote Access VPN)
- Manage all network switching, routing (LAN/WAN), wireless and VoIP and legacy PBX environments
- Ensure uninterrupted access to all unified communications and telephony systems
- Identify and root cause network infrastructure issues and identify appropriate problem resolutions
- Perform complex problem isolation within the Telecommunications and Network infrastructures
- Provides guidance during responses to emergency work requests; troubleshoots network failures and errors; and diagnoses, isolates, and resolves routine to moderately/highly complex network related problems ensuring timely results and minimal disruption of operations and reports findings to the Technical Director
- Maintains records of work completed and in-progress; and updates network documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations, etc.
- Provides senior level Tier 3 telecom network services for complex issues elevated from the helpdesk. Identifies failing components. (Currently supporting nearly all levels of telecom support.)
- Contributes to development of enhancing system defensive capabilities
- Awareness training of the workforce on information security standards, policies and best practices
- Carry out information security plans and policies
- Work with vendors for new projects or support issues.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5+years supporting enterprise network infrastructure systems.
- CCNA Certification.
- Strong experience in Routing and Switching Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, LACP).
- Strong IT project management skills.
- Experience troubleshooting DNS/DHCP/IPAM (2 years minimum)
- Telco: VoIP and PBX experience (2 years minimum)
- Radius and TACACS experience (2 years minimum)
- Copper Wiring experience (Telecom/Data/Coax)
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Hickory
Back to top