Senior Manager of Cloud Services Delivery (Cloud & IT Ops exp.)
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
The Senior Manager of Cloud Services Delivery is responsible for ensuring technical delivery across region to global standards. Including proper coverage and responsiveness to issues; effective skill assessments with supporting training plans; quality and completeness of customer communication and documentation; ownership of escalated items; and adherence to Cloud ITSM practices. The position will directly manage a regional team of 10-15 customer assurance leads and application administrators. The person in this role will drive cultural and standards adoption and participation positively for their team.
The role includes leadership and management of day to day operations. Prior manager experience required. Ensure a high level of technical execution by validating teams are meeting metric requirements for responsiveness, quality and completeness. Identify gaps in execution then plan training and/or appropriate work assignment processes to fill the gaps. The manager must have senior level critical thinking skills as they apply to troubleshooting, team and work management for a region, and teams and products supported. The key skills you will use daily are leadership, time management, work management, technical troubleshooting skills, technology stack knowledge, problem solving skills, and customer service expertise.
Education & Experience:
- B.S (Computer Science/Engineering) or equivalent preferred. Other qualifications with adequate experience will be considered.
- Proven professional and technical experience with 10 years of industry experience
- Prior experience leading a technical team
- Prior experience in a customer facing role managing and mitigating escalations
Top skills for the ideal candidate:
- Experience supporting and managing technical engineers and/or IT staff
- Experience managing global teams
- Experience managing teams supporting Weblogic, Tomcat, Oracle RDBMS, or MSSQL application products in a production environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience managing a team toward defined goals, objectives and directives
- Strong leadership and management skills with a team of 10-15 in recent positions is a MUST.
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Willingness to engage in process improvement and developing new efficient means of execution
- Strong ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Superior verbal and written skills, excellent customer service, as well as high attention to detail
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
Back to top