Senior Director, Solutions Consulting
Employee Type: Full - Time
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Senior Director Solution Consulting is a senior leader, helping to define and drive strategy & vision for Solution Consulting in alignment with the VP Solution consulting, with an emphasis on optimizing overall operations, organization, processes, tools and technologies, to drive Solution Consulting leadership and success. This role will manage a team of Solution Consultants supporting the product and technical need of the sales teams. The Senior Director Solution Consulting is responsible for individual Solution Consultant career planning and development, team development, work assignments, and support for individually assigned opportunities according to the dynamic support needs of the sales organization, and other administrative duties relative to team and overall organizational management.
In addition to these responsibilities, the Senior Director Solution Consulting is expected to be an expert on our markets & products, and best practices & approaches to presales to drive a market leading Solution Consulting organization and understand how to be a partner to sales to drive opportunity and market-based success. He/She must be able to articulate technology and product positioning, be an expert at storytelling and demonstrate proven success at driving this into a full Solution Consulting organization, and a clear communicator of relevant business value through presentation and solution demonstrations .
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proven leader at organizational change and a strong operational leader with expertise on approaches and best practices to transform Solution Consulting teams
- Lead continual transformation of a Solution Consulting team to a modern demo experience with onsite and digital delivery experiences
- Lead transformation of a Solution Consulting team to modern demo experience and digital delivery experiences
- Improve and innovate how we deliver our value including demo environments, approaches, standardized materials for consistent, successful delivery
- Upskill and uplift the capabilities of the Solution Consulting teams
- Working with sales teams on deal strategy and leading a team to clearly communicate our solution value by the way we deliver content, demos, and repeatable approaches to lead solution success
- Understand the needs of the sales organization, and develop plans to ensure outstanding support of those needs through day to day leadership of the Solution Consulting team
- Develop team members according to the demands of the business and according to their individual professional goals
- Assign resources to sales opportunities, and consistently evaluate progress against deliverables and overall goals
- Assign resources as required to marketing and other efforts to support demand generation
- Evaluate team members regularly through analysis of direct observation, peer feedback and sales feedback
- Ensure proper alignment of resources and effective utilization of skill sets
- Manage day-to-day activities such as resource scheduling conflicts, activity reporting etc.
- Be able to articulate the sales message, differentiate Ellucian, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences
- Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles
- Drive consistent discovery approaches and tools that build relationships and prove our understand customer needs and requirements
- Ensure the Solution Consulting team can provide proof points with relevant customer stories
- Support RFx activity as needed
- Report on key performance metrics that help the sales organization focus on the right opportunities and drive performance
- Assist with demo strategy and content creation as needed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree qualified or equivalent, marketing or sales qualification
- Minimum 7 years' experience in software Solution Consulting leadership
- Strong organizational change and transformation capabilities, with proven success at leading Solution Consulting teams
- Experience leading continual transformation to modern demo experience and digital delivery experiences
- Ability to see solutions where others don't
- Natural storyteller and proven ability to upskill/uplift the delivery of Solution Consulting teams around these approaches and repeatable solutions and tools
- Strong program and project, definition and management, with a track record of successfully driving projects
- Able to make effective presentations or demonstrations in time constrained situations
- Strong selling and sales aptitude, and Intimate knowledge of sales processes and how to align Solution Consulting teams to deliver customer value
- Able to articulate and logically communicate concepts both technically and functionally
- Able to prioritize the work in multi-tasking environment.
- Able to meet tight deadlines, follow up on commitments, and take action as needed
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Good team leadership and managing additional technical resources across an organization to meet account needs
- Good track record of delivering results and working towards targets
- Experience with Higher Education Software a plus
- Hands-on proficiency with SFDC, Microsoft Office and other tools to run Solution Consulting operations and value delivery to customers and Sales
- Highly organized with exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong cross functional relationships
- Resilient and positive
- Takes a strategic approach to work
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Creative thinker, open and inquisitive mind
- Thrives in fast paced, deadline-driven working environment
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top