Senior DBA PeopleSoft - REMOTE Mexico
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
As Sr. PeopleSoft Systems and Database Administrator for Technology Management at Ellucian you will be key contributor to planning, analysis, coordination, support and maintenance of the PeopleSoft ERP system. You will install, configure, and maintain database technologies (common database technologies are Oracle or SQL Server) and any required technologies in support of PeopleSoft and its components. You will be critical in the coordination of physical and logical changes to enterprise databases and ERP applications.
- Develop and implement the backup, recovery, and cloning of all databases and application environments.
- Database & application installation, configuration and maintenance according to established best practices.
- Proactively monitor and optimize system performance using tuning, optimization, and other methods. Identify, design, prepare, recommend and adapt best practices for PeopleSoft system stability, security and optimal performance. Perform capacity planning.
- Technical adviser to provide detailed planning information to project coordinators to assist in planning of service requests, implementation steps, corrective actions, upgrade recommendations and optimization steps for Database and PeopleSoft technologies and products. Includes installation of application patches, tax updates and releases on development, test, quality assurance and production systems .
- Implement and maintain all systems, servers, and storage for all PeopleSoft environments, maintaining web, application, and database tiers in high availability.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot all database environments and serve as primary database administrator for PeopleSoft systems.
- Lead technical efforts in Infrastructure and systems integrity, performance, security, scalability, optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Identify and participate in the implementation of hardware, operating system and software enhancements for improving the reliability, performance and availability of the systems.
- Proactively monitor and manage batch jobs. Responsible and accountable for all system backups, processes for PeopleSoft systems.
- Configure monitoring tools to evaluate the performance of systems.
- Train and mentor junior system admin and IT operations staff and/or helpdesk personnel to run system maintenance and IT operations tasks.
- Provide technical administration including but not limited to applying all updates and migration support for various PeopleSoft environments.
- Enforce application change control and migration strategy policies are followed.
- Manage application servers, proxy servers, middleware and web servers for PeopleSoft environments.
- Scripts and/or automates common repeatable tasks across the spectrum of supported products and technologies.
- All members of the team are expected to participate in our on-call process (24/7 production support).
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Knowledge & Skills :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Individual should have a minimum of 3-5 years of PeopleSoft Systems Administration implementation and support experience, with at least 2 years of implementing and/or supporting 9.x versions. (PeopleSoft administration on Windows/SQL platform preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Database administration as production DBA (Oracle or SQL Server) either supporting PeopleSoft applications or other enterprise applications preferred
- Minimum of 3- 5 years of systems and database administration experience supporting production servers in a data center environment running enterprise applications and databases. Systems administration experience in Windows server 2008 or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of ERP experience managing PeopleSoft Financials, Human Capital Management, and/or Campus Solutions (CS)
- Strong Knowledge in either Oracle Database 11g/12c or SQL server 2008, 2012 or higher backups and restores (both system level and database), replication methods, high availability, and troubleshooting production issues
- Skills to install, administer, troubleshoot Tuxedo, Web logic, PeopleSoft Application & Process Scheduler on windows servers
- Skills to install and maintain PeopleSoft PUM servers.
- Skills in application of Oracle security patches in PeopleSoft Environments/Servers.
- Skills in application of Database patches.
- Minimal knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory and related topology.
- Strong experience with PeopleSoft security, roles and auditing of user accounts
- Understanding of Clustered & high availability environments and Virtualization environments
- Knowledge of performance tuning in an operational or Production environment; OS, middleware (web/app server), database (Oracle or SQL Server)
- Experience in Scripting and automation of tasks in server environments
- Minimum of 3-5 years of working experience with PeopleSoft Financials, Human Capital Management, People Tools 8.4x or higher, Application Engine, Portal, Security administration, Application Designer, Integration Broker, Application messaging, Prior experience in upgrades and implementation projects
- Familiarity and work experience with fundamentals of project management, time and budget scheduling and resource allocation; formal change management procedures
- Troubleshooting and problem solving experience in PeopleSoft production environment
- Must be willing to work outside regular business hours as required by implementation of special projects, support and emergencies
- Ability to work effectively with end-users and teammates, to gain their confidence, to understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions
- Work independently and multitask, prioritize tasks, and execute without constant supervision
- Workflow automation of common repeatable tasks
- Knowledge Management
- Global capability/compliance
- Multi-lingual Spanish-English or Portuguese-English or Spanish-Portuguese-English (Must be fluent in English)
Desired Experience & Knowledge :
- SQL Server or Oracle Certifications
- Microsoft Certifications
- Project management or team leadership
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top