Senior Consultant - Functional
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
- Acting as a thought leader for our APAC implementations, able to lead and influence client teams at all levels. Providing advice and guidance on industry best practices and best practices for implementing Banner in APAC, working with leadership and staff in colleges and universities to ensure the Banner Student Information System is implemented & configured to best map to institutional processes and academic and business needs utilising Ellucian's Rapid Deployment Methodology, whilst advising on industry best practice and norms.
- Supporting customers to make a smooth transition from their existing systems, applications, and processes to new tools and processes through implementation efforts and, where appropriate ongoing consulting. Providing change management advice as appropriate.
- Business process review and analysis of client business requirements. Gather and document business requirements, discuss with clients, advising on the adoption of industry-wide practice, and brief the implementation team on requirements.
- Configuring client systems in alignment with client needs and provide training in the use and upkeep of applications and technologies.
- Working collaboratively with clients to derive maximum value from Ellucian solutions.
- Work collaboratively with the Ellucian project to define and provision cross-product solutions and build your own secondary product knowledge outside of Banner Student.
- Using a disciplined methodology, refine onsite engagement agendas, interview protocols, conduct large group presentations, and lead working group sessions that involve all key stakeholders and achieve engagement goals.
- Take active role in identifying, communicating, and advancing internal process improvement suggestions/initiative.
- Participate in Ellucian company-wide cross-departmental initiatives as required.
- At least 5 years experience working in a client facing consulting environment.
- Ideally would have experience with Banner or other Ellucian or competitor systems.
- Must have the ability to explain solutions to diverse customers, and ensure they are able to use applications and functionality effectively to accomplish their work.
- This position requires enthusiasm and energy; willingness to learn and adapt quickly; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and previous experience conducting training sessions.
- The successful candidate must be a disciplined self-starter as well as a positive team player.
- Knowledge of, and end-user experience with, such technologies as student information systems, course management systems, and web technologies.
- Proven ability to use appropriate skills in the areas of: project coordination, multi-tasking, prioritization of demands, conflict management, decision making tools & techniques, group discussion, training, facilitation, decision-making, communication, and time management.
- Demonstrated experience in consulting and/or training and development; system implementation, and requirements gathering is beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with credibility and gravitas to influence senior client stakeholders at client site and industry events.
- Proven Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top