Senior Consultant - Ellucian Banner ERP Technical Lead - REMOTE
Employee Type: Full - Time
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
As Senior Consultant - Ellucian Banner ERP Technical Lead for Managed Services at Ellucian you will be key contributor to planning, analysis, coordination, support and maintenance of our ERP systems Ellucian Banner and all components of the Unified Digital Campus (UDC) technologies such as: Banner 9/XE, ESM, ODS, Workflow, UC4, Touchnet, and eTranscripts. We are seeking a versatile and motivated Senior Consultant - Technical Lead with experience to lead the analysis, design and delivery of changes to the Ellucian Banner suite of applications and partner solutions. Technical expertise with Banner ERP Administration and Oracle Database Administration is required. Your expertise will be required to install, configure, and maintain the entire technology stack of Oracle databases, Oracle middleware, Tomcat application server, and any required technologies in support of Banner and its components. You will be critical in the planning, coordination, and execution of physical and logical changes to the technology stack of the Ellucian Banner suite of applications and partner solutions.
- Lead the support of Ellucian Banner suite of applications and partner supported solutions.
- Understand what application functionality is available as well as what has already been implemented. Advise on new solutions to leadership. Understand the impact a process change might have on the system and be able to guide process definitions accordingly.
- Consult with team to analyze and understand user needs, objectives, desired features, and input and output requirements.
- Understand basic component architecture relationships. (ie. data (table structures), integration points)
- Develop, coordinate, and implement plans to deploy new and upgraded technical solutions for the ERP.
- Liaise with assigned team to best understand their systems needs and identify improvement opportunities. Analyze needs and translate them into a development plan that meets partner team expectations.
- Collaborate on the Banner ERP roadmap.
- Manage and execute projects as required. Prepare time estimates for completing assigned projects.
- Partner with vendors in performance of needed DBA duties
- Manage change control activities associated with supported Banner suite of applications and supported partner solutions
- Provide guidance, leadership, and mentoring to supporting team as assigned whether organizationally or on a project basis.
- Provide knowledge in emerging trends in the Banner ERP landscape. Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects.
- Exemplary verbal and written skills and the ability to build relationships that will foster respect, trust and confidence with internal and external clients.
- Performs special projects and related responsibilities as initiated and requested.
- Technical Hands On Responsibilities - Develop and implement the backup, recovery, and cloning of all databases and application environments.
- Technical Hands On Responsibilities - Database & application installation, configuration and maintenance according to established best practices.
- Technical Hands On Responsibilities - Proactively monitor and optimize system performance using tuning, optimization, AWR, ASH, and other methods.
- Technical adviser to provide detailed planning information to project coordinators to assist in planning of service requests, implementation steps, corrective actions, upgrade recommendations and optimization steps for Oracle and Ellucian technologies and products.
- Technical Hands On Responsibilities - Scripts and/or automates common repeatable tasks across the spectrum of supported products and technologies. Will participate in the development of automation with Ansible as well as engage on other DevOps related deliverables.
- All members of the team are expected to participate in our on-call process (24/7 production support).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Oracle products:
- RDBMS 11g and 12c Administration
- SQL & PL/SQL
- Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Fusion Middleware
- Forms & Reports
- Ellucian Banner ERP product: Banner 8 Administration & Banner 9/XE Administration
- Ellucian Solution Manager (ESM)
- Banner Internet Native Banner (INB) & Self Service Banner (SSB)
- Banner Job Submission
- RabbitMQ and ActiveMQ
- Apache & Tomcat administration
- Shell scripting
- Ability to work effectively with end-users and teammates, to gain their confidence, to understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions
- Work independently and multitask, prioritize tasks, and execute without constant supervision
- Workflow automation of common repeatable Oracle & RHEL tasks
- Knowledge Management
- Global capability/compliance
- Project management or team leadership
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Computer Programming, Information Technology or closely related field is required or equivalent experience
- At least Five (5) years of experience with Higher Ed Applications. Specifically Ellucian Banner.
- Experience managing a project or serving as a project team lead on the implementation or management of an enterprise system.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems, provide documentation, guidance and instruction to team members, at all levels.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be a self-starter, highly organized and detail oriented.
Desired Ellucian Product Experience:
- Banner Enterprise Identity Services (BEIS)
- Single Sign-on Configuration/Support (SSO) including CAS and SAML2 protocols
- Operational Data Store (ODS)
- Automic Applications Manager (formerly known as UC4)
- Payment Adapter (ie. TouchNet)
Desired Experience & Knowledge:
- Oracle Certifications - OCP, OCA
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
- DataGuard, Streams
- Oracle RAC
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Back to top