Senior Colleague ERP Programmer Analyst
- Kenilworth, NJ
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in.
As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
Union County College
About the opportunity
The Senior Programmer Analyst's main role is to consultant with end users, understand and optimize business processes and to assist them in becoming more efficient and effective utilizing the Colleague ERP system driving student success. This position reports to the Enterprise Applications Director.
Where you will make an impact
• Provides functional and technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs, processes, and reporting
• Troubleshoots errors and issues encountered by end users and provides resolution to solve issue to client's satisfaction
• Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs as required to meet industry best practice solutions.
• Partners with manager, site TM staff, and client end users to gather requirements about business process flow, application intent, functions, features, data, input, and output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
• Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications
• Assists client with identifying data integration points and functional dependencies within the Colleague ERP system and to third party systems.
• Advises on key communications needs for Colleague modules and maintenance upgrades
• Serves as a resource in the areas of client/server architecture, relational data base design, networking and communications, systems analysis, systems programming, systems administration, document imaging, job scheduling or a combination of specialties.
• Works closely with project management and technical teams to support successful deployment
• Works with client to develop functional conversion requirements and data mapping specifications.
• Updates ticket tracking database (Service Now) with pertinent information
• Writes and maintains documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications
What you will bring
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• 5+ years of experience and expert functional/technical knowledge in the Colleague ERP application
• Experience and expertise with Business Objects, Crystal Reports
• Knowledge and experience with PL/SQL,SQL, T-SQL, and/or other reporting tools
• Thorough technical knowledge in development methodologies, design and implementation. Understanding of specialty areas such as client/server architecture, relational data base design, document imaging, job scheduling, systems administration or a combination of areas.
• Effective skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
• Good understanding of entire development and implementation process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance
• Understanding of higher education related business processes in one or more of these areas: Finance, Student Registration, Student Admissions, Financial Aid, Human Resources/Payroll, or Institutional Reporting
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, and vendors
• Excellent decision-making, time-management, and planning skills
• Customer-centric approach to problem-solving
• Experience working with clients to gather requirements for developing software
• Must be a self-starter and motivated to move projects forward
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a highly demanding environment
• Colleague Functional Experience including Core, Student, Self-Service, Finance, AP, Budget, Purchasing, Fixed Assets, Web solutions, Financial Aid, HR, Payroll, Web Time Entry, Dashboards, and typical Reporting tools.
• Experience with Ellucian Recruiter, Ellucian Ethos Identity/Integration, Ellucian Advise and Ellucian Elevate
• Experience with Raiser's Edge, ImageNow, and Payment Gateway
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan - to help you save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2662
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Senior Level
Travel Required: None
Back to top