Senior Cloud Applications Engineer
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance, operational support, and configuration management of various application like Tomcat, CAS, EIS, Ellucian Luminis ,WS02 etc
- Serves as subject matter expert on WS02, SAML and Tomcat tools working on problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Monitors and maintains application security.
- Enhances, and performance tunes application servers
- Provides support to campus community's.
- Works with business partners to plan new or enhance existing infrastructure.
- Install, upgrade various application around Banner ERP
- 4+ years of practical hands-on experience to identify, analyze and implement interfaces, integration flows, Connectors etc with any of the ESBs - WSO2 / Oracle / MuleSoft etc and of JMS in a SOA application.
- Should be proven comfortable experience with administration, configuration tools, debugging and tuning of any one of the ESBs - WSO2 / Oracle / MuleSoft.
- Experience in tomcat support and troubleshooting, administration, JVMs and their performance enhancements.
- Experience in any APM based Applications and/or batch monitoring tools.
- Experience with SOA and OSB Real-time Messaging platforms. Ability to make recommendations, review design documents of applications.
- Extensive experience using JEE, Design Patterns, JMS, SAML, SOAP / REST Web Services.
- JVM Controller configuration.
- Deployment and troubleshooting of JAR, WAR, and EAR files in domain and clustered environments.
- Cluster Configuration Single Cluster, Multiple Clusters and Deployment over clusters.
- Server Performance Tuning - Thread Dump Analysis, Core Dump Analysis when Server crashed unevenly.
- Creating security roles, group policy, user authentication, auditing and authorization.
- Work on Web Security tools- LDAP Server, SSL Certificates and client authentication.
- Configuring digital certificates, using java key tool for secured applications.
- Automation of domain creation using WLST, ANT, and Domain Templates.
- Configuring Web Logic Plug-ins for Apache Web Server and configured load balancing and fail-over solutions.
- Analyzing the Log Files, Thread Dumps, JVM Dumps, Exception Stack Traces.
- Monitoring thread usage, connection pool usage, CPU usage, Memory usage and preparing reports for the performance tests, dry run tests and load tests conducted on the Application Servers.
- Unix/RHEL command line usage and shell scripting
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top