Senior Cloud Applications Engineer
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
- Responsible for maintenance and support of ERP systems software and hardware including the release engineering, patch application and rollback.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place to restore data & configurations from backups as necessary.
- Configures system monitoring to ensure that events are identified before they become critical.
Support end users with day-to-day operations, troubleshooting campus-wide as well as individual problems and providing 24x7 coverage.
- Manage the backup environment, physical and logical security of servers, management of user accounts and security groups; assist with user and system installations as necessary.
- Record all changes to servers, user issues, and solutions, monitor servers to prevent unauthorized access, ensure server performance, and maintain server operating systems security via patches and updates.
- Microsoft IIS Server experience a must.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and 2012 a must.
- General Familiarity with networking and Internet protocols a must.
- Working knowledge of Toad, SQL Developer, SQL Server Administration.
- Working knowledge of IIS, Ability to Debug PL/SQL Procedures.
- Working knowledge of RHEL.
- Working knowledge on AWS is mandatory.
- General knowledge of Windows Domain and Active Directory.
- Must be aware of ITIL concepts and their application.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to effectively address technical issues. Must be able to analyze and resolve problems quickly.
- Team-oriented individual.
- Strong customer service orientation and experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on commitments made to clients
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of Ellucian's Employees
VP, Cloud Engineering
Kyung runs a team of engineers who are dedicated to cloud adoption processes—making sure Ellucian customers users can access their systems and data at all times.
Back to top