Senior Cloud Application Administrator
- Bangalore, India
Employee Type: Full - Time
Together we are powering the future of Higher Education
Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing a profound change what with the shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations. This is forcing colleges and universities to do more with less and that is where we come in.
As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we are dedicated to helping all of our customers thrive-not just survive-by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today.
Working with cloud solutions built on a world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
About the opportunity
We are seeking talented individuals to join our Cloud Services team. So if you are a well-trained and motivated Cognos administrator or engineer with strong AWS and scripting experience and are interested in a career delivering innovative solutions to our growing client base in higher education, then this is your ideal opportunity
Where you will make an impact
- Serves as subject matter expert in Business Intelligence tools working on problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Monitors and maintains application security.
- Enhances, and performance tunes reports, application servers
- Provides support to campus reporting community's.
- Works with business partners to plan new or enhance existing BI infrastructure.
- Designs, Install and Maintains Cognos Cubes, and reporting infrastructure for the enterprise data warehouse and other reporting environments.
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance, operational support, and configuration management of reporting (and reporting related) applications like IBM Cognos BI 10.2.X, Evisions, Oracle Discoverer.
- Install, Support and Deploy Evisions applications ( FormFusion, IntelliCheck & Argos)
What you will bring
- 5-8 years of experience in administrating Cognos architecture.
- Good knowledge on Cognos Architecture and experience in installing it in a Linux environment
- Experience with Cognos 10.1.1/Cognos 10.2.1/Cognos10.2.2 administration, tuning and support.
- Must have SQL experience in building and analyzing queries in Oracle databases (OLTP and OLAP)
- Must be expert on Cognos Reports Studio, Query Studio, Metric Studio, Transformer and Cognos Framework Manager
- Experience working with vendor customer support on issue resolution.
- Strong understanding of relational and star-schema database designs is preferred.
- Good knowledge on Evisions tools and experience installing MAPS, Argos, IntelliCheck and FormFusion.
- Good understanding of ODS/EDW and Content Deployments in BI tools.
- Plan and Upgrade BI environments.
- Experience working on scripting on Linux and Cognos SDK.
- Experience working on SAP Business Objects 4.2
- Working experience on Evisions tools like Argos, FormFusion, Intellicheck.
- Good knowledge and experience on middleware technologies like Tomcat or WebSphere.
- Good knowledge and experience using different Web Servers like Apache Http, IBM IHS and Microsoft IIS.
- Ability to work independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Availability to work after hours and/or weekends and on-call, as specified by supervisor.
- Must possess a proven track record on business intelligence project delivery and demonstrate exceptional business acumen, strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean In Team to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Education Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
At Ellucian, we believe in the "power of together." We embrace an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace, and believe that our differences help inspire a culture of acceptance that makes our company more collaborative and innovative. We're proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome you to come as you are!
Back to top