Senior Banner Programmer Analyst
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
The successful candidate will add value by:
- Working with users in various administrative departments to assess, train and assist with the implementation of administrative software solutions.
- Consulting with supervisor, systems analysts, programmers, and end users to gather information about: processes, procedures, functions and features; data requirements; internal, external checks and controls.
- Designing or writing program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, system analysts, programmers, and end users.
- Converting designs and specifications into PL/SQL, SQL, JAVA, HTML5 code.
- Possibly compiling code into programs and correcting errors detected during the compile process.
- Supporting the Enterprise Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms in support of Elluciam Recruit, Advise and/or Advance.
- Creating test plans and running tests to find errors and confirming that programs meet specifications.
- Writing and maintaining documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications.
- Possessing ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, develops process flows and procedure manuals. Additionally, possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer and the general public.
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Training end users or technical support staff to use and support programs.
- Assisting with the modification and maintenance of the Banner product.
- Mentoring less experienced analysts.
- Preparing and submitting status reports as requested by manager and unit.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, including two years in area(s) of higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing, maintaining and supporting Ellucian Banner ERP systems for Higher Education (college/university) clients; and gaining and keeping client trust.
- Experience working with a broad range of higher education administrators including vice presidents, deans, directors, faculty, and students.
- Project planning and execution experience required.
- Knowledge of higher education core business processes required.
- High degree of creativity with a "can-do" attitude; display high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to set and change priorities amongst multiple competing constituencies, projects and resources.
- Strong team building and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Ellucian ETHOS model and/or API development a definite plus.
- Experience supporting Single Sign On (SSO), Web and/or Mobile apps a definite plus.
- Experience with an Ellucian Enterprise CRM products and with Microsoft Dynamics CRM products
- Experience with third party products such as UC4 / Automic, ARGOS, FormFusion, Intellicheck, TouchNet are highly desired.
- Experience with MS Office 365, SLACK, and SharePoint for office productivity and collaboration.
- Knowledge of and experience administering LINUX operating systems in a Banner environment a definite plus
Career Function : Client Services and Consulting
Career Level : Senior Level
Hiring Manager Name: James Fritz
Recruiter Name: Carlos Rosa
Employee Class: Regular Employee
Travel Required: 0%-25%
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Back to top