- Reston, VA
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
Salesforce Administrator ( CPQ Implementation)
The SFDC Administrator will lead the design and launch the configuration of Salesforce CPQ and Billing while acting as liaison between IT and business functions, to assist in our Quote to Cash project roadmap, development, and support of our quote to order process. You will work with our business team to prioritize requests, getting solutions and changes implemented, from turning business requirements into designs and actionable tasks, project definition and planning, to testing and go-live. In this role, you will work with Accounting, Sales, Sales Operations (including but not limited to Deal Desk, Proposal, Sales enablement, Sales Analytics, and Sales Compensation), Customer Success, Professional Services, Finance, Product teams and other cross-functional teams to architect the solution for our business and systems. We are looking for a strong candidate who is passionate, self-motivated and very keen to learn quickly and adjust to changing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with our business, understand business requirements, design solutions, process flow diagrams and implement our internal CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) and billing configuration and integrations
- Manage the operation and maintenance of new and future CPQ and billing infrastructures, including configuration, release management, environment management, data transformation, and data migration
- Oversee troubleshooting of, and bug fixing for, published rules configurations.
- Prioritize system configuration requests from various partner teams
- Understanding broader business drivers to map business needs to processes and functional solution design
- Build proofs-of-concept (POC) for potential new solutions and technologies
- Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per established roadmaps by working closely with the business teams
- Manage relationships with multiple business teams for new solution features and technical support
- Develop future solution strategies by working closely with Business and IT Development teams
- Managing UAT with end users including coordination and user acceptance sign-off
- Perform gap analysis: as is vs. to be
- Create and present functional and technical design including data analysis to business team, and gather feedback to influence solution design and approach
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
Senior Administrator in the Quote to- Cash capability within is required to have:
- Must have Salesforce.com and 3+ years' experience in functional and technical roles on at least 2 large full-lifecycle Quote to Cash implementations, including ownership of the technical solution with strong implementation expertise in at least two of the following technologies:
- Salesforce CPQ & Billing
- Apttus CPQ and CLM
- 5+ years of System Administration or IT experience
- Understanding of the Lead-To-Cash business process and understands the full sales motion
- Experience defining systems strategy, roadmap, developing process flow diagrams, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions.
- Excellent communication, written, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively explain technical issues at a high level to executive leadership or a non-technical audience.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
In addition, successful will have the following preferred background:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator (ADM201) and Advanced Administrator (ADM 211) required
- Expertise in Salesforce Apex
- Quote-To-Cash certification preferred
- Experience working on the Saleforce1 platform is preferred
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience implementing other Salesforce.com Sales processes
- Deep understanding of the implications of subscription-based products to CPQ tools
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top