Sales Operations Manager
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
The Sales Operations Manager will be a close partner with the Vice President, Global Sales Operations. You will collaborate with the Vice President, Global Sales Operations in three key areas: Alignment of Reporting and Analytics across Global Sales Operations, Project Management and Process Management relative to the operations of Global Sales. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced and agile environment, has a track record of strong communication and collaboration skills and has a high degree of curiosity.
- Work closely with Sales Development and Sales Management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Assists go to market business functions in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Proactively identify opportunities for go to market process and administrative improvement.
- Monitor progress of key initiatives and priorities by meeting regularly with team leaders to track results and challenges; ensuring that company commitments and priorities are being executed.
- Partner with Global Field Operations to deliver regular insights to the business. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to implement enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization's compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm's technology investments.
- Partner with Global Field Operations to support management & financial reporting with particular focus on achievement of company goals through analysis of metrics
- planning as well as metrics and reporting- those tend to go hand in hand
- Lead annual planning, strategy and execution alignment
- Own creation of all materials requested to support corporate content for quarterly business reviews (QBRs), and other information needed on an ad hoc basis, delegating information requests to appropriate internal teams as needed and ensuring they are delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Prepare communication and research for the VP, Global Sales Operations, including, but not limited to, company updates, business strategy, customer information and industry analysis
- Speak on behalf of VP, Global Sales Operations in internal LAC Ellucian settings when necessary
- 3-5 years of Sales Operations experience
- Passion for go to market best practices incorporating customer experience
- Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, translate them into system and process requirement
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior level executives (i.e. C-suite)
- Strong business acumen (e.g. ability to understand financial models, and other business case elements)
- Proven track record of strategic planning, goal setting, and successful execution
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously as well as effectively collaborate and communicate across teams and to work in a diverse, fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills possessing the ability to compile & analyze large data sets and present effective reports
- Create thinker and problem solver with a bias towards thoughtful action
- Ability to learn new industries quickly
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, communicating effectively with customers, executives, & stakeholder (both internal & external) at all levels
- BS/BA in a related field
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- 2-3 years of business management experience in small to midsize technology company
- 2-3 years of sales or sales leadership experience
- Experience using BI tools and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce.com)
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top