Sales Development Representative
The Ellucian Sales Development Rep will serve a key role as part of our Inside Sales team calling into Higher Education institutions. You will execute outbound campaigns via cold call and/or email to generate qualified opportunities and determine the appropriate next step in the sales process for the Ellucian sales team.
This role offers a great starting point for your career in Software Sales and a launching pad for advancement within our Sales organization. If you're a self-starter, enjoy working in a dynamic team environment, & love building relationships, then Ellucian is the place for you!
- Research accounts in the Higher Education industry to generate qualified opportunities for sales team members through outbound activity
- Build relationships with new and existing customers, including senior-level College and University Administrators
- Ability to become well-verse in all of our solutions (over 30 products) and understand the value we bring to Higher Education
- Work with other Inside Sales Representatives and Field Account Executives in an assigned territory
- You will record all activities in Salesforce.com and report results on a weekly basis to ensure accountability
- Ability to make a high level of outbound phone calls daily
- Highly competitive and self-motivated
- Eager to learn and understand new products and technology
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Strategic thinker with effective time management skills
- SaaS knowledge or sales experience a major plus
- Bachelor's degree
Career Function : Sales/Sales Operations
Career Level : Entry-Level
Hiring Manager Name: Boyd Brown
Recruiter Name: Harris Ono
Travel Required: 0%-25%
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top