Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Good understanding of Agile development methodology
- Work in close partnership with an agile development team to analyze project/product requirements and/or testing needs in order to create and execute a comprehensive test strategy including both functional and technical/system-level testing.
- Inform the team about what all resources will be required for software testing.
- Develop test cases and test data, and, prioritize testing activities.
- Execute all the test case and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect.
- Carry out regression testing every time when changes are made to the code to fix defects.
- Ability to independently setup test environments and infrastructure as per the requirements of the project.
- Aid in estimating work effort for projects and manage work to meet the project schedules.
- Actively participate with the team in software requirements, design, and code reviews to provide early and continuous quality feedback.
- Adhere to process, tools, and metrics standards within the development team
- Work with the team to continually improve test processes and practices based on inspection/adaption of previous iterations.
- Proactively seek ways to incorporate new/creative ideas and methodologies into testing efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tools.
- Ability to understand the requirement and design test procedures and test cases for automated software testing.
- Design automated test scripts that are reusable.
- Ensure that all automated testing related activities are carried out as per the standards defined by the company.
- Be able to participate in Devops adoption of the company's products.
- Ability to use CI tool like Jenkins to automate testing and deployment tasks and monitor quality continuously.
- Hands-on with concepts of Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience with non-functional testing like load testing, performance testing, security testing, device testing and accessibility testing.
- Perform all the above duties independently, with minimal supervision, keeping managers, team members, and stakeholders informed of progress.
- 3+ years of quality assurance and testing experience within an application development environment, with experience in testing enterprise scale applications.
- Work experience in Selenium (automation testing) is highly desired.
- Exposure to automation testing framework is a plus.
- Excellent experience preparing formal test plans, test cases and bug reporting.
- Experience in analyzing business, technical and functional specifications and analyzing the actual results against the expected results.
- Experience in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle and strong knowledge of the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience of Agile software development practices such as XP, Lean Agile, Scrum, TDD, ATDD, BDD and Kanban .
- Knowledge of the higher education market
- Experience with development andmaintenance of API applications.
- Experience in testing with POSTMAN.
- Strong analysis and problem-solvingskills.
- Demonstrates ability to useindependent judgment and initiative on a day-to-day basis and to initiateand successfully manage testing cycles requiring cooperation among diversegroups.
- Demonstrates ability tocommunicate well with others on technical subjects.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top