Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
- Design fault-tolerant distributed systems which can scale with our client base. Follow through with the full cycle of software development, to include Cloud deployments and monitoring in AWS
- Collaborate with other members in the team in order to translate requirements into shippable implementation
- Perform analysis of requirements working with the Product Owner and Business Analysts
- Work with technical lead to understand the high-level design and ensure it meets business and technical requirements
- Create Proof of Concepts as needed
- Review code & help enforce coding standards within the team
- Work independently executing technical assignments. Make independent decisions and take action within established practices and procedures
- Deliver all assigned tasks with a high degree of quality and consistency.
- Mentor junior members of the development team
- Be highly collaborative in nature and demonstrate the ability to provide regular updates to Product Owner, Scrum Master and other members of the team.
Required Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- 7+ years prior experience in software development
- Experience working with at least one Cloud IaaS or PaaS, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), DigitalOcean, or Heroku
- Understanding of basic Linux and command line usage
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to analyze and infer requirements, working in an Agile team environment
- JUnit Testing
- Well versed in Object Oriented Design and Principles.
- Design patterns - Java and J2EE
- Experience with ReSTful Web Services
- Knowledge of GIT
- Experience with databases such as PostGres and the ability to understand and write queries
Desired Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Higher education domain and system experience.
- Application Performance Tuning
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top