Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Work with onshore team to receive project details and translate them to the local team for analysis, design, development and QA activities.
- Lead a technical team to ensure on time and quality delivery expectations are satisfied.
- Work well with functional experts in designing an appropriate technical solution for a given business problem
- Be able to identify appropriate technologies for the solution given the constraints of the client or architecture
- Work with a dynamic team of developers and other peers to build and test the processes according to the prepared specifications
- Create and execute accurate test plans to ensure thorough integration testing of a customization before delivery
- Prepare accurate and detailed estimates for customizations and sales proposals
- Demonstrated aptitude for logical application of problem solving techniques. Ability to deconstruct complex technical issues to identify root cause issues
- Stay current with Ellucian applications
- Provide support to other areas of Consulting Practices as the need arises
- Have an aptitude to learn; learn new technologies quickly. Immediate focus for learning is Java, and the Ellucian Ethos Platform (Datamodel, APIs, Integration technologies)
- A minimum of six years of experience including minimum of 1 year working in a higher education environment.
- Exhibits a strong sense of ownership for individual work assignments, team goals and organization initiatives.
- Strong communication and analytical skills with demonstrable presentation and professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working independently with little direction and still achieve goals as well as working remotely in a team environment via phone and other electronic communication tools.
- Brings an established, effective method for tracking and completing tasks on time.
- Prefers a collaborative work environment over working solo, with a bias towards sharing credit for achievement over individual recognition.
- Possesses programming experience (with Java, PL/SQL) or has an aptitude to develop new skills in these and other technical areas.
Differentiating Knowledge; experience with the following technologies
- Restful Web Services, Tomcat, Linux, Ant, Oracle Strong PL/SQL skills
- Experience with ESB tools like Mule.
- Version Control expertise (such as GIT and SVN)
- Experience with Oracle Database 11g/12c integration with middleware and web components.
- Experience in Virtual Private Database (VPD) architecture and configuration or Banner Multi-Entity Processing (MEP) Functionality is a plus
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of Ellucian's Employees
Kyung R.VP, Cloud Engineering
Kyung runs a team of engineers who are dedicated to cloud adoption processes—making sure Ellucian customers users can access their systems and data at all times.
Back to top