Network Manager (HP / Cisco / Palo Alto)
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Washington College - Chestertown, Maryland
The successful candidate will:
- Develop policies and procedures, based on industry best practices, necessary to carry out day to day computer operations and ensure business continuity at the client location.
- Provide development of high-level annual and/or multi-year tactical plans.
- Provide leadership and employee management, including skill evaluation and remediation planning.
- Coordinate tasks and staff assignments based on established priorities to ensure efficient operation.
- Provide project implementation oversight to ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met.
- Establish change management processes, as needed, for coordinating technology upgrade and maintenance activities with all business units.
- Evaluate data security profile and make recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate new software or hardware requests and make cost-effective recommendations based on industry standards, cost/benefit analysis, and compatibility with the existing environment, software, or hardware.
- Maintain current knowledge in use and trends of technology in higher education
- Participate on non-technical committees and represent the status of technical projects in language that academic and administrative staff can easily understand.
- Maintain strong strategic and customer focus
- Provide proficient decision-making and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills - written and oral.
- Strong understanding of Alcatel-Lucent, Palo-Alto, and Aruba networking, VMWare, and Windows Server software, and server hardware
- Technical staff management and team-building experience - staff of 2 or more.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Collaborative approach to problem-solving, including use of remote teams/staff.
- Broad knowledge/understanding of current technology trends and support requirements
- Strategic/Customer Focus: Proficient decision-making and time management skills. Strong leadership abilities.
- Ability to work in a politically-sensitive environment with various campus constituencies and conflicting goals.
- Process/Improvement Focus: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Adaptable, open to change, creative in problem resolution, and innovative in generating solutions.
- People/Empowerment Focus: Able to give and receive feedback at all levels of the organization. Strong coaching, empathizing, and empowerment abilities.
- Able to take initiative and responsibility for projects; promote teamwork and collaboration between Client and Ellucian staff.t
- Project management experience with large projects and multiple vendors
- Proficient decision-making and time management skills.
- Adaptable, open to change, creative in problem resolution, and innovative in generating solutions.
- Industry recognized certification in infrastructure (ex: CompTIA Network+, MCSA, MCSE, )
- Experience with or knowledge of service provision best practices (e.g.ITIL)
Required Technical Experience:
- Alcatel-Lucent network hardware or equivalent Network hardware experience (HP/ CISCO)
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Microsoft Active Directory
- VMWare virtualization software
- Windows server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
Desired Technical Experience:
- CentOS 5 and 7
- Alcatel PBX phone system w/VOIP
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge MD
Back to top