- Gulfport, MS
About the opportunity
The Network Administrator position is highly technical in nature. The position involves network design, configuration, installation, upgrades, security, troubleshooting, planning and recommendations for upgrades. Duties are performed on a variety of network hardware with a heavy emphasis on Cisco network switches, routers, wireless and telephony. This position reports to the Director, Technical Services.
Where you will make an impact
- Provides highly skilled technical assistance to junior network technicians engaged in resolving network related problems.
- Diagnoses and resolves complex problems in the college network core, building LANs and regional campus WANs.
- Maintains, upgrades and repairs network hardware systems, devices and interfaces using supported tools and equipment.
- Monitors the health of the college network (LAN and WAN). Monitors the effective utilization of network address space.
- Administering and maintaining remote VPN access, applications and security for network related administration and access.
- Documents and updates network physical layouts, logical connectivity, and device configurations.
- Maintains and/or increases technical knowledge through course work, workshops, seminars and readings.
- Assists in the administration of the DHCP, DNS, and TACACS+ server(s).
- Assists in the formation and implementation of college security policies as it relates to the college network environment. Maintains, upgrades and repairs college firewalls.
- Participates in the disaster recovery planning process as it relates to the networking infrastructure.
- Provides support for wireless network infrastructure which includes trouble tickets, monitoring, design, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Receives, updates, and closes support/work order tickets in software system.
- Shares technical and functional expertise with other members of the team as required.
- Documents various procedures for use by other IT staff members.
- Configures, installs, and maintains college Cisco VoIP system and endpoin ts
What you will bring
- Bachelor's degree in a Network Engineering program; and/OR five years experience in a primary Network Administrator role.
- An active CCNA or CCNP level certification
- Experience and/or training which provides the following knowledge, ability, and skill:
- Cisco IOS proficiency
- Cisco Call Manager administration
- Functional understanding of routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, MPLS
- Able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Ability to communicate, in detail, system planning both verbally and in written format.
- Willingness to work as a contributing member of the team including other networking personnel, the operations staff, and the account administrators.
- Fortinet Firewalls
- Cisco Access Control System, RADIUS, TACACS
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers
- Experience with network management tools and technologies such as Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, Solarwinds Orion NPM, Wireshark, Netflow analyzers.
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan - to help you save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2254
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: 0%-25%
Back to top