Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Washington College - Chestertown, Maryland
Are you ready for an IT career with real impact? Join the team at Ellucian! We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions that help education institutions navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. Right now, we are seeking a Network Administrator to set up and maintain network operations.
You will add value by:
- Maintaining network resources, including configuration of network switches, server hardware, VoIP systems, operating systems, applications and services in a wired and wireless environment.
- Maintaining and improving network operations and provide support to network users.
- Configuring and maintaining network components (e.g., routers, switches, etc.) and services (i.e., connectivity and access).
- Performing custom configuration for complex network devices such as firewalls and VPN concentrators. Reconfiguring network equipment as necessary to handle environmental changes.
- Performing network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems. With minor supervision, implementing solutions that have limited system-wide impact. Escalating issues with broader implications for entire network to higher level network personnel or Technical Director
- Maintaining the wireless authentication tool(s) for the campus and serve as the primary point of contact for campus community support.
- Administering servers both in a Virtual and Physical environment.
- Utilizing monitoring tools to capture and analyze traffic, maintaining uptime, generating usage reports, and spotting trends
- Creating and maintaining documentation and diagrams as needed when assets are added or removed
- Supporting our Alcatel-Lucent VOIP telecom environment including performing adds/moves/changes of phone equipment and ensuring that our environment stays current with product releases.
- Providing users with technical support; establishing network users, user environments, and directories for networks being installed
- Installing and testing necessary software and hardware in accordance with standards-based settings and Ellucian Change Management processes
As a Network Administrator, you will assemble and perform advanced, custom configuration of network components (i.e., routers, switches, etc.) as well as maintain services (i.e., connectivity and access). You will be responsible for performing troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex problems. This involves independently implementing solutions that have limited system-wide impact.
Our commitment to excellence means we are looking for a skilled Network Administrator who is a team player and customer-focused. If that describes you, we want to hear from you!
Network Administrator requirements:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from a technical school, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Higher Education background and knowledge with 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience and working knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting Alcatel-Lucent, Palo Alto, and Aruba networking devices.
- Experience with network administration skills including security, back-up and recovery, and capacity planning.
- Has broad-based, in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience implementing network switches and routers.
- Practical experience with Alcatel-Lucent VOIP system administration
- Excellent time-management, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively manage scope and customer expectations on individual assignments.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with end-users, gain their confidence, understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions. Superior verbal and written skills, encompassing complete understanding on the English language with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Willingness to work as a contributing member of the team including other systems personnel, the operations staff, and the account administrators.
- Must participate in on-call rotation
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Working knowledge of a Windows server operating system.
- Familiarity with network monitoring systems such as SolarWinds.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge MD
Back to top