Marketing Automation Specialist
- Reston, VA
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Operations, the Marketing Automation Specialist owns the day-to-day, hands-on execution of marketing automation programs in support of company and marketing and sales objectives. This person in this role will be responsible for design, quality assurance (QA), execution, maintenance and reporting for automated marketing programs and email distribution.
In this role, you will ensure Ellucian is leveraging automation best practices as you maintain the email calendar, implement complex nurture campaigns, manage email lists, and participate in developing and building out processes related to lead flow and buyers' journey, ensuring these are embedded into our systems in ways that help us nurture and ultimately deliver high quality leads to our sales team.
The Marketing Automation Specialist will work closely with this team and other key marketing teams (Global Campaigns, Field Marketing, Brand, Marketing Strategy & Operations, and Solutions Marketing) to execute sophisticated reputation and demand campaigns, customer marketing, event marketing, and localized campaigns to support regional success.
The successful candidate will bring a passion for marketing technology coupled with agility and a growth mindset and will have some experience supporting demand creation, preferably within a B2B SaaS business. The Marketing Automation Specialist will also exhibit a blend of outcome and data driven orientation, strong project management skills, and the ability to build productive working relationships cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Where you will make an impact
- Create emails, landing pages, forms, and reports within the MAP, including templates and calls-to-action for possible use by others within the marketing function.
- Standardize, cleanse and upload contact lists into the MAP and maintain target segmentations and targeted lists within MAP and CRM; inform data architecture requirements for segmentation.
- Manage and build email lists and campaigns within the MAP, segmented based on behaviors, engagements, personas, etc.
- Schedule and manage all email sends, ensuring Can Spam, CAST and GDPR rules are met.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing email productivity.
- Develop insights to optimize emails based on audience, time of day/day of week send, subject lines, list management and design, in order to increase opens, clicks, form completes, opt-ins, funnel performance and traffic.
- Establish email performance metrics and work with analytics/BI on measurement.
- Review copy and suggest strategic and tactical improvements to ensure best-in-class email and nurture programs.
- Develop and document MAP processes, programs and procedures to increase effectiveness and on-time delivery, reduce SLA time, increase quality, and maintain or increase stakeholder satisfaction.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness metrics related to tactics and programs managed by the MAP and related applications.
- Develop testing/optimization strategy to increase engagement.
- Support global translation and best practice etiquette on communications and work closely with field marketing team on any localization needs.
- Ensure proper layout, deliverability and trackability of email communications and responses via web forms.
- Manage an email calendar with the ability to prioritize content needs based on business objectives and alignment into marketing priorities.
- Train other marketing resources (as needed) on how to run reports and accomplish basic tasks within the MAP.
What you will bring
- 3-5 years of Digital Marketing experience, with proven success driving results that translate to bottom-line impact.
- Experience in B2B Marketing environments, with understanding of demand generation principles (sales pipeline and lead management, nurturing, analytics, optimizing conversion through funnel).
- Knowledge of Marketing automation platforms and some experience ensuring integrations of these systems with other technologies.
- Experience with Eloqua marketing automation suite, and added integrations such event, direct mail, predictive/intent and other applications that support the marketing technology stack.
- Experience with lead generation and nurturing, Salesforce.com (CRM), email marketing, and website analytics systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong project management capabilities, including the ability to accurately specify project timeframes, dependencies and risk factors.
- Experience in HTML, CSS and other web and email-based coding and design.
- Experience in email design testing for multiple email programs and platforms.
- Ability to build relationships that enable your ability to be effective in this role and contribute to a positive team dynamic.
- Professionalism balanced with a fun attitude and sense of humor.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan - to help save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a few
- Parental Leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
Req ID: 2369
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: 0%-25%
Back to top