Manager, Software Development
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Provide general oversight of development plans, target dates, progress, and quality
- Support team in the full adoption of Agile Scrum
- Be accountable for high quality, on-time, on-scope delivery for all projects
- Build highly effective empowered teams
- Ensure adherence to product development processes
- Ensure adherence to architectural strategy
- Remove impediments escalated by the team
- Define, review, and drive organization policies and procedures
- Collaborate with peer managers on cross-dependent projects
- Drive continuous improvement for the teams and company
- Accept and complete administrative assignments
- Conduct performance reviews, salary reviews, and provide individual coaching and mentoring.
- 7+ year's experiencein software development
- 4+ year's experience managing software development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented with relentless focus on operational excellence and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to implement agile approaches which dramatically improve software quality and speed to market.
- Experience in technical and operational cooperation and integration with other company business units.
- Demonstrates the qualities of participatory leadership and team motivation.
- Must be comfortable leading escalation meetings with executive stake holders on client site.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top