Manager, Localization Solutions
Employee Type: Full - Time
Location: Rochester, NY, USA
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Ellucian translation teams provide in-house translations for a wide range of Ellucian software products and user documentation.
The small to medium teams located in Dubai (2), Amsterdam (2), Puebla (6), India (1) and Sao Paulo (1) translate into up to 9 languages, delivering 130+ releases per year.
Translation teams work closely with R&D development teams to ensure the deliverables for our global customers are released in time and to quality. The Manager Localization Solutions will report into the Information Development (Info Dev) Director.
The Manager Localization Solutions leads all Ellucian translation teams. Responsibilities of the Manager include the following tasks:
• Mentor and guide multi-cultural teams using the Ellucian management methodology
• Drive team engagement goals, actively stimulating participation of all team members
• Identify and lead translation team strategic initiatives, e.g. team communication strategy
• Closely work with R&D teams (Info Dev, Banner, CRM, Ethos and others) to plan for product translation requirements, team workload, capacity, priorities, and deadlines
• Stay abreast of product and technology changes across the Ellucian product portfolio, and establish impact and required changes for translation processes
• Cooperate with R&D product teams and Info Dev to implement standardized translation processes across products
• Continuously review and improve translation processes and standards
• Continuously review translation QA/testing strategy and agree on scope and methods of language testing with all product teams
• Plan and manage translation outsourcing projects from estimating costs and feasible timelines to communicating with all stakeholders along the project
• Lead translation tool (internal and third-party) strategy, maintenance, and upgrades
• Continuously drive forward Agile methodology adoption and improvements within translation teams
• Foster integration of translation teams cross functionally with other organizations within Ellucian
• Harmonize workflows across all translation teams
• Provide guidance and advice to customers and internal stakeholders on globalization and internationalization topics to ensure products are global from the start
• Closely work with customer support and customer success teams, as well as other stakeholders in each region, on support cases and translations defects
• Provide guidance to translation teams on usage of Ellucian standard tools, e.g. Slack, Jira, Confluence
• Influencer; well-connected across R&D teams and beyond
• Inspiring leader, sparking excitement in others with engaging personality and ability to develop high performing teams
• Have proven experience with and are passionate about optimising processes and workflows
• Will have successfully managed multi-cultural teams with 15 team members or less
• Translation degree or proven ability to translate content from English to Portuguese and Spanish
• Knowledge of industry best practice translation processes within the development lifecycle
• Good knowledge of technology stacks used by Ellucian products and relevant translation and version control tools: memoQ, Java, PLSQL, Microsoft Dynamics, DITA, GIT/SVN/VSTS
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top