Manager, Application Services
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
The Manager of Cloud Applications Servicesis responsible for ensuring technical delivery across multiple regions to global standards, including proper coverage and responsiveness to issues; quality and completeness of customer communication and documentation; ownership of escalated items; and adherence to Cloud ITSM practices.The position will be responsible for effective hiring, skill assessments and training plans to support business goals, and ensure a high level of technical execution by validating teams are meeting metric requirements for responsiveness, quality and completeness.Identify gaps in execution then plan training and/or appropriate work assignment processes to fill the gaps.
The role includes leadership and management of dayto day operations. Prior manager experience in a SaaS or AHS delivery in a global 24x7 operations supporting ERP applications is required. The manager must have senior level critical thinking skills as they apply to troubleshooting, team and work management for regions, teams and products supported. The key skills you will use daily are leadership, time management, work management - shift planning, technical troubleshooting skills, technology stack knowledge,problem solvingskills, and customer service expertise.
The position will directly manage upto 3 regional teams of Cloud Application Administrators and Technical leads The person in this role will drivecultural and standards adoption and participation positively for their teams.
Education & Experience
- B.S (Computer Science/Engineering) or equivalent preferred. Other qualifications with adequate experience will be considered.
- Proven professional and technical experience with 10 years of industry experience with a SaaS or Applications Hosting Services provider.
- Prior experience leading a technical team delivering Applications Services for ERP products.
- Prior experience in a customer facing role managing and mitigating escalations
Top skills for the ideal candidate:
- Experience supporting and managing technical engineers and/or IT staff
- Experience managing global teams
- Experience managing teams supporting Weblogic, Tomcat, Oracle RDBMS, or MSSQL application products in a production environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience managing a team toward defined goals, objectives and directives
- Strong leadership andmanagement skills with a team of 10-15in recent positions is a MUST.
- Strong analytical and technicalproblem-solvingskills
- Willingness to engage in process improvement and developing new efficient means of execution
- Strong ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Superior verbal and written skills, excellent customer service, as well as high attention to detail
Responsibilities will include :
- Responsible for hiring, skills assessment, training and onboarding practices for team
- Responsible for designing, communicating and meeting team metrics and SLO's
- Communication and remediation of team organizational gaps, issues, successes and needs
- Identify process gaps and participate in or own improvements
- Communicate with entire team on the goals, objectives and directives of the entire Cloud Business Unit
- Drive cultural adoption and participation in team culture for positive, cross org collaboration and ownership
- Mentor direct reports in management techniques
- Plan and execute items necessary to ensure the team is
- Fully staffed according to need, budget, plan
- Fully prepared to support the applications in scope
- Following organizational policy consistently across all teams
- Adhering to ITSM practices as designed for the CBU
- Being the trusted advisor for customers
- Recommending and guiding customers to best practices where they are not currently followed
- Delivering with quality all items in the scope of services and none outside the scope
- Manage escalations by leading from the front, demonstrating ownership to resolution.
- Drive innovation and automation to improve the overall quality of delivery and process maturity
Successful People in this Role will:
Know the following detail about their customers & teams at all times
- Critical dates and issues for high profile customers
- Common themes and challenges for customers across all regions
- Assurance challenges and plans to overcome them
- Development needs of managers and individual contributors
- Lead by example, be a role model for the team in putting customers first.
- Champion Ellucian Culture and Values to drive Customer Experience and Employee experience.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top