Lead Software Developer
- Bangalore, India
About the opportunity
Ellucian is seeking an innovative, collaborative, hands-on individual. The Lead Software Developer position is a key contributor to the design and development of the Platform Team.
Where you will make an impact
- Analyzing and reviewing business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Developing code per specifications and standards.
- Planning and conducting basic unit and module testing.
- Supporting quality assurance testing and defect resolution.
- Participating on a high performing Scrum team designing and developing reusable platform components and web applications.
- Engaging with the team in software requirements, designs, and reviews.
- Set direction for our web development practices and provide technical guidance to developers.
- Ensuring that HTML/CSS is cross-browser, standards compliant, and meets accessibility requirements.
- Engaging with User Experience team to clarify and develop user interface based on comps.
- Staying current with modern web development trends and looking for opportunities to improve our development approaches and best practices.
- Engaging with customer's technical staff to resolve support issues.
- Provide estimation to development tasks.
- Assist software development manager in project planning and people management.
- Provide guidance/mentor junior members of your team.
What you will bring
- 7 - 9 years' prior experience in software development.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to analyze and infer requirements, working in an Agile team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Java - Core and Advanced.
- Well versed in Object Oriented Design and Principles.
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns - Java and J2EE.
- Working knowledge of Spring Core, Spring JDBC, Spring Security and Spring Remoting.
- Working knowledge Web Services.
- Working knowledge of XML technologies and standards. XML Schema design and development experience a plus.
- Experienced in tools like ANT, Maven, GIT/SVN.
- Proficiency with server-side Java technology such as Servlets, Java Server Pages.
- Oracle SQL knowledge and the ability to understand and write SQL queries.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with experience of working under pressure with precision and accuracy.
- Ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities and a continual backlog of work.
- Higher education domain and system experience.
- Groovy Grails, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap.
- Single Sign-On, Identity Management, CAS, SAML/SAML2 implementation.
- Application Performance Testing and Tuning.
- WebLogic / Tomcat.
- Cloud Technology: AWS.
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean In Team to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
o Education Assistance Program
o Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2304
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Senior Level
Travel Required: 0%-25%
Back to top