Together we are powering the future of Higher Education
Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,700 customers and reaching over 20 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
About the opportunity
Ellucian is seeking an innovative, collaborative, hands-on individual for Lead Software Developer role to join a new R&D team building a next generation SaaS solution. Bring in your full-stack technical expertise to make an impact to Higher Education customer base and grow together.
Where you will make an impact
- Drive team/product's technology strategy and drive key technical decisions in a team setup.
- Design, development, test and implement high quality enterprise software, as a member of a creative, agile development team creating solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced delivery focused environment.
- Guide the junior developers in the team
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all members throughout the organization.
- Engage in continuous learning and adoption of new concepts, technologies and functionality.
- Embrace and evangelize change.
- Work with challenging and changing priorities yet always focused on the end result.
- Oriented towards problem-solving and analyzing impacts, both technically and functionally.
- Demonstrate ownership from specification review to final testing.
- Sound decision-making skills, as well as the ability to exercise good judgment while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on teams, in an agile, global environment.
What you will bring
- 10+ years of experience in software development.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to analyze and infer requirements, working in an Agile team environment.
- Passion about creating accessible, modular and reusable components that empower product teams and drive innovation
- Experience in Restful Microservices using Node Js, Bootstrap is desirable
- Hands on experience on working on AWS services
- Experience with client-side application frameworks, such as React and Angular (React is must) and Material-UI component library.
- Experience writing semantic, responsive, cross-browser markup.
- Hands on experience CSS styling, along with an understanding of CSS pre-processors, such as JSS, LESS and SASS
- Experience in tools like GIT/SVN.
- Experience in writing pipeline code for Jenkins is a plus.
- MYSQL/PostGreSQL knowledge and the ability to understand and write SQL queries is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with experience of working under pressure with precision and accuracy.
- Ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities and a continual backlog of work.
- A great team player and ready to take on initiatives on the unknown areas.
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean In Team to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Education Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 2851
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: None