Java Software Developer/Engineer
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
As a Software Engineer, you will bring new and creative solutions to the evolution of our product while supporting our XE design principles: extensibility, configuration, usability, openness, and scalability. You will engage in the full development life cycle, from specification review to product adoption. This is an exciting opportunity to work with talented new teams and to build your skills with tools such as Java/J2EE/JEE or Angular.JS, HTML5, and more.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the project team to analyze project/product requirements in order to create and deploy Data and Analytics Platform in the cloud.
- Developing code according to specifications and standards
- Planning and conducting basic unit and module testing
- Supporting quality assurance testing and defect resolution
- Collaborate on architecture and integration requirements across multiple teams
- Engage with the team in software requirements, design, and reviews
- Stay current with advanced technologies especially in JAVA, AWS, and Data Analytics
Qualification & Experience required:
- 3+ Years relevant software developmentinJava/J2EE
- RESTful concepts and API development
- Proficient with PL/SQL or SQL and relational database concepts
- Developing secured applications focusing on SQL injections, Cross-site scripting (XSS), Cross-site Request Forgery (CSRF) etc
- Version control source code repositories (Git, SVN, CVS)
- Eclipse, IntelliJ and/or Maven
Desired Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Amazon Web Services products including EC2, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Developing in a VM environment
- Spring framework
- Oracle database version 11g or higher
- Agile Development
- Ellucian Banner or other educational software systems or ERPs
- Work in a test-driven environment
- Full-stack architecture and development
- Jira or other issue and project management solutions
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Meet Some of Ellucian's Employees
VP, Cloud Engineering
Kyung runs a team of engineers who are dedicated to cloud adoption processes—making sure Ellucian customers users can access their systems and data at all times.
Back to top