Executive Director (Higher Ed / Banner ERP)
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
This position provides overall strategic direction and management for Ellucian's Technology Management service delivery onsite at the customer location, with a focus on the administrative applications area including the Ellucian Banner Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems supporting the institution. The leadership responsibility includes overseeing the infrastructure and operations team and direction and management over the administrative computing systems team. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of technology projects and day-to-day operations to ensure that goals are accomplished by performing the following core functions personally or through subordinates. Specifies, researches and manages projects of varying complexity.
There are 3 main concepts that articulate the responsibilities which are listed and described in detail below.
The position has responsibility to collect, compile, and submit to the customer CIO the project status, issues, expectations, risks, and opportunities. Partners with the Ellucian General Manager on strategic account planning and consultative selling of business growth opportunities and how best to provide maximum value to the customer.
As the senior Ellucian site leader, the position must maintain awareness of the client's needs and priorities and escalates internally and externally as appropriate. Demonstrates strong ability to build relationships with key customer stakeholders across the organization and become a trusted adviser.
Utilizes all the resources within Ellucian's services organization (applicable practice areas) to satisfy the needs of the customer. Successfully completes and/or oversees client projects within the supported service areas. Provides leadership and overall direction to site resources and/or remote resources or services in order to fulfill the customer deliverables. Ensures that all resources have and utilize the necessary information, standards, methodologies & business processes to effectively and proactively meet the needs of our customer. Maintains the project portfolio for the customer site. Understands and leverages the overall Ellucian services delivery model and builds effective working relationships with others both within and outside of Ellucian. Participates in and supports effective governance models over scoped/supported client projects and enhancement work to drive quality delivery assurance and lessons learned. Manages staffing demands appropriately. Establishes quality deliverables and measurements to monitor project and request delivery. Provides supervisory tasks for Ellucian staff supporting end-to-end delivery at customer site. Represents to the customer (internal or external) and manages the execution of the IT service management processes. Provides performance review input to applicable Practice Manager for remote team members to improve performance of the teams and development of staff. Ensures delivered services are optimized for a healthy financial model and to achieve customer satisfaction while managing to contractual scope. Ensures timely, effective communication across teams as well as to the customer CIO.
The position is accountable for ensuring Ellucian is meeting the service deliverables and objectives. Assist in day-to-day production incidents and issues, act as escalation point to resolve urgent and/or complex customer issues and manage client expectations. Manage at a high level both client and employee satisfaction. Provides management and supervision for site staff supporting end-to-end delivery at customer site. Conducts internal training for team members or new hires on appropriate aspects of the customer and effective service delivery. Ensures all inter-dependencies across the service lines/teams are tracked and managed. Applies standards and researches/shares best practices; learns new products and product enhancements and proactively shares knowledge with client; documents and escalates gaps/weaknesses related to Ellucian processes, products, training materials, documentation, and/or resource skills to the appropriate leaders within Ellucian.
Other duties as assigned and in support of the customer relationship.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 7 - 10 years of experience showing advancement, which includes management and/or leadership within IT Service Management and general higher education industry experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong Project Management skills.
- Sound strategic thinking skills and ability to work with client senior management team in an effective manner.
- Varied and strong technical background that would include implementation of higher education administrative systems or business management systems and a high degree of creativity.
- Strong understanding of industry trends and standards. Strong end user orientation and Strong work ethic,
- Must be a team player and strong on collaboration.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work with staff, faculty, and administration at all skill and management levels.
- Strong conflict management skills, professional credibility, organizational skills, and decision making skills.
- Ability to set and change priorities amongst multiple competing constituencies.
- "Can do" attitude and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of Ellucian Banner is extremely desirable in order to successfully lead the Banner Administrative Applications team.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining the Ellucian Banner solutions ecosystem including Degreeworks, Workflow, Document Management, etc.
- Sound knowledge of Oracle.
- Knowledge of typical higher education non-ellucian solutions such as Evisions Argos.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Back to top