Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
The Ellucian Global Events team is comprised of event professionals passionate about delivering the best event experience for our customers and prospects. With a portfolio of over 100 events annually, Ellucian Global Events team members drive the overall strategy and execution for assigned industry and internal events. Ellucian Live, is the higher education industry's largest global event and trade show with over 8000 attendees participating in 4 days of educational sessions, networking, sharing best practices and helping reshape the higher ed technology landscape.
Ellucian Global Events Team is currently recruiting for a Manager, Events role.
- Direct assigned global event activities within the context of the overall corporate plan and budget for the achievement of short and long term business objectives
- Drive overall strategic event design, themes, content and logistics for assigned industry conferences and events.
- Manage all aspects of events: logistics, booth/space needs and design, signage, staff, collateral, vendors, shipments, invoices, schedules and timelines, etc.
- Manage all event related aspects such as: collateral, signage and giveaway inventory; messaging and branding; speaking engagements; etc
- Work with 3rd-party vendors across key areas of assigned events; provide sales communications, manage onsite event registration, interface with sales, partners and customers at events, etc.
- Responsible for managing and tracking event calendar for our events and competitor landscape.
- Create RFP process for identifying, evaluating and benchmarking existing and potential vendors
- Drives content development to enrich a mobile experience
- Able to articulate the events purpose and intent; build strategu and tactics that support this purpose
- Actively participates in annual strategy and budget development process
- Ensures event website is updated as pertaining; makes recommendations within Corporate Marketing as to promotion of events
- Develop event strategy for assigned events, working in collaboration with key interal partners (Solutions Marketing, Product, Sales, Content Marketing, etc.)
- Initiate Marketing Programs to schedule, create and launch emails and other activities promoting events.
- Own assigned budget, drive the event mix, allocate funds across events and conduct metric and ROI analyses on program effectiveness; measuring the business impact of events in terms of revenue and attendance through analysis of sales and marketing reports and presenting results to Marketing and Sales management.
- Prepare and provide communications to ensure that internal teams are aware of planned activities and understands how to leverage them; interfacing with various internal groups such as Corporate Marketing, Marketing Operations, Creative Services, Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales Enablement Operations with respect to program creation and execution.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Experience in leading key facets of large complex trade shows, including Registration, Housing, Transportation in concert with assigned 3rd party providers
- 9+ years direct experience in managing large scale events and customer user group meetings
- Providing superior customer service to a range of stakeholders both internal or external
- Resourceful and unafraid to take full ownership of event experience
- Agile; ability to move quickly and collaborate across teams and roles to get things done
- Demonstrated success with large scale customer events, tradeshows and conferences required; should be well versed in all event terminology and best practices.
- Comfort with data and analytics to help drive decision making
- Understands the events impact on the business; has strong financial event acumen
- Demonstrable skills in strategic planning and execution of marketing initiatives
- Excellent collaboration ability and interpersonal skills essential. This position requires very strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - must have both an interest and skill in analyzing and making meaning out of data and translating that in to actionable changes.
- Comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- BA/BS required.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top