Employee Type: Full - Time
At Ellucian, we're motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That's where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we're dedicated to helping all our customers thrive-not just survive-in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
Position Responsibilities :
We are seeking a high caliber DevOps engineer for a newly formed DevOps organization within our company. This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to play a critical role in developing our cloud supply chain, cloud infrastructure, automation frameworks, monitoring and logging strategy. The ideal candidate will be a high performance engineer who is a forward thinker and has experience in DevOps, ideally at a SaaS company. We are looking for someone with a strong desire to deliver the best solutions by being innovative and who will contribute to our culture of a leading cloud software company.
• This is a coding role with a strong understanding of our product's architecture and cloud infrastructure with the goal to use automation to accelerate delivery and drive down costs.
• Work closely and team with Developers, QA and Cloud Operations to develop and maintain the Cloud Supply Chain frameworks, technologies and feedback tools.
• Ensure that each phase of the Cloud Supply Chain from product management, through development, QA, Staging and into Production is fully automated, as frictionless as possible utilizing CI and CD. At each stage metrics and monitoring will fully visualize the Supply Chain status for the entire product team. Automate everything possible!!
• Code proactive infrastructure changes utilizing Infrastructure as Code ensuring they are architected to implement 99.9% uptime and elastic scalability.
• Establish and maintain the infrastructure to support automated unit, system and load testing.
• Ensure information security best practices and policies are implemented in your designs.
• Manage the costs of the development environments using labeling and automatic VM removal. • Model the cloud infrastructure costs of new candidate releases.
• Take an active part in a culture that is nimble, energized, customer centric as is typical in a leading SaaS company.
A minimum of 3 years of experience as a software developer or operations engineer using languages such as Ruby, Python, Shell scripting, Powershell, and/or JAVA with at least 1 year setting up AWS environments for a SaaS company. Demonstrated Proficiency and knowledge of:
• Cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
• Network engineering concepts (e.g. Firewalls, Load Balancers, CDN's).
• Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
• Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS.
• Tools such as:Packer.io, evident.io, consol.io, terraform.
• Monitoring tools like New Relic, Copper Egg.
• Release Engineering tools like Maven, Jenkins, Gradle, Travis.
• System test tools such as Selenium, QTP, Watir.
• Deep understanding of cloud technologies such as virtualization, storage and network domains in a cloud service model.
• Strong understanding of command-line tools and distributed version control systems such as GIT, GitFlow, SVN, TFS.
• Knowledge of relational and document databases.
• Ideal experience in the delivery of large, complex solutions, ideally ERP's.
• Experience of working in Agile/SCRUM teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must be impeccably honest and ethical.
• A engineer who is smart, passionate, energetic and results focused.
• Rabid love for driving Continuous Improvement
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top