Ellucian Banner DBA (Remote-US, Oracle, Enterprise ERP)
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
The Cloud Services group has a proven track record of delivering exceptional services to clients around the globe. We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and motivated Senior Application Administrator to join our Application Services Team. Our team is responsible for delivering high performance, high availability, and high stability Cloud applications to our clients by troubleshooting, tuning and configuring their entire technology stack including Weblogic server, Tomcat application server, Linux operating system, and Oracle database server.
The Senior Applications Administrator will play an integral role in the success of the group. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for:
- Script to automate common, repeatable tasks across the supported products and technologies
- Conduct root cause analysis for performance and the instability issues in the application that are escalated from the Support team.
- Develop and document processes, methods, procedures, and tools for diagnosing software defects & problems with commonly performed tasks.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business goals.
- Database & application installation, configuration, and maintenance according to established best practices.
- Install, setup, and configure third-party tools for collecting and analyzing data on application performance and stability.
- Analyze changes in newly released applications and updating the existing documents, processes, methods, procedures, and tools to work with these changes.
- Document and escalate application defect with a detailed analysis of the Research & Development Group.
- Develop and implement backup, recovery, and cloning of all databases.
- Subject matter expert in providing detailed planning information to project coordinators to assist in the planning of service requests, implementation steps, corrective actions, upgrade recommendations and optimization steps for Oracle and Ellucian technologies and products.
- Engage in continuous learning and adoption of new concepts, technologies, and problem-solving techniques.
- Participate in the weekly on-call rotation with the other team members to resolve critical production application issues that are escalated from the Monitoring team after hours and on weekends.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and tuning, Java applications, Apache, Tomcat or Weblogic application servers,
- Oracle Relational Database Administration (11g and 12c), and configuration of Linux operating systems in a large 24x7 hosted environment.
- Experience with analyzing Java/JVM performance, using tools such as thread and heap dumps with a strong understanding of JVM memory structure and garbage collection concepts.
- Experience in Shell, Perl, Python, or similar scripting languages to automate common tasks.
- Experience with LDAP and SSL setup and configuration.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge on Oracle SQL & PL/SQL, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), Weblogic Server, Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms and Reports), Operational Data Storage (ODS)
- Experience with Single Sign-on Configuration/Support (SSO)
- ITIL Knowledge (Incident, Change and Problem Management) and related tools (ServiceNow)
- A desire to resolve problems and not just incidents or events. Possess the tenacity to delve to the root of the problem quickly, understand why it happened, and prevent it in the future
- Works well with cross-functional global and remote teams
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members to achieve successful customer outcomes
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills, excellent customer service, as well as high attention to detail
Desired Skillset (Plus to Have):
- Ability to operate on West Coast (PST) buisness hours
- Hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ellucian Banner ERP Administration, installation, and configuration
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner Oracle tables
- Supported Banner Document Management, Degree Works, Banner Enterprise Identity Services (BEIS), Application Navigator, Job Submissions, 3rd party integrations (i.e., Touch-Net, E-visions, Argos Report Writing, etc.)
- Proficient with automated deployment and upgrade tools, including Ellucian Solution Manager (ESM).
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies, methods, and tools quickly to meet our business requirements.
Education / Certifications:
- B.S (Computer Science/Engineering) or equivalent preferred. Similar qualifications with adequate experience considered.
- Oracle Certified Professional Certification, Red Hat System Administrator, AWS Certification, a plus
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Back to top