Director, Product Management, Financial ERP (open to Remote-US)
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Will consider a US-based, remote hire.
As a Director, Product Management for our Financial Management solutions, you possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a strong strategic vision, and the leadership skills and day-to-day drive to make that vision a reality. You enjoy spending time in the market with clients and prospects to understand their financial management challenges, and then leading a matrix organization where you interact with product architecture, engineering, user experience, and cloud operations to incorporate next generation innovative technology into existing market-leading ERPs. You will be the front line of delivering ongoing success to the entire client community, and you will be responsible for driving the Financial Management product strategy and roadmap that positively impacts the business of higher education. Your product will deliver solutions our customers love to use in their daily lives, and which solve real-world higher education financial management problems.
Additionally, this Product Management role will encompass:
- Driving the strategy for the financial management domain of Ellucian's leading ERPs from inception to completion.
- Working with customers and cross functional stakeholders to best define specific product release requirements, write user stories, and manage the product backlog in an agile environment
- Serving as the internal and external evangelist for the financial management domain area and being a visible leader in the customer and partner community, including acting as a frequent speaker at user group meetings and other events
Specific qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or finance related field. MBA or Master's degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Financial Management Technologist for a software product that is sold to paying clients (not internal), with preferred previous experience building and launching new solutions
- Proven financial management skillset with enough firsthand experience to effectively participate as a thought leader internally and with customers
- Solid project management skills to keep track of significant interdependencies in a complex project and ensure the ultimate timeline and business goals are achieved
- Well-developed analytical skills to uncover insights and make recommendations for action
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write solution requirements and deliver presentations with impact
- Excellent track record in cross-functional leadership roles
- Flexibility and willingness to travel up-to 30% of the time both nationally and internationally
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top