Director, Business & Strategy Communications
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
The Director, Strategy & Business Communications will act as a close partner to and representative of both the VP of Business Strategy and Operations and the President/CEO. You will closely consult with the VP of Business Strategy and Operations, the CEO, Executive management team and broader organization in the formulation and execution of strategic executive communications and initiatives. You will hold extensive responsibility for formulating compelling change management and strategic communications across the organization on various initiatives, attending closely to detail while staying attuned to Ellucian's strategic and communications goals.
The ideal candidate will be a natural collaborator and consultative problem solver who possesses a high intellectual curiosity and thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Exceptional candidate will possess ability to create compelling change management and strategic messaging catered to both Higher Education and internal Ellucian audiences.
- Build messaging and presentations for internal meetings with Executive Leadership Team with goal to identify areas requiring cross-divisional coordination & execution most important to the CEO
- Interface cross-functionally with Marketing, Communications, and other cross functional stakeholders to ensure all communications to various audiences (both internal & external) are organized and aligned with strategic messaging expectations
- Partner with VP of Business Strategy and Operations to help manage the overall operating rhythm of the company (e.g. Strategic Planning Sessions, Quarterly Business Reviews, etc.)
- Provide decision support through research, analysis of information, and clear presentation of considerations
- Work closely with the corporate communications team and people team to develop a cadence of internal CEO-employee touch points, including employee meetings and town halls to help drive greater interaction with employees.
- Support VP of Business Strategy and Operations and the CEO with Board of Directors planning, orchestration of content and overall board communications
- Creation of all materials requested to support corporate content for quarterly business reviews (QBRs), and other information needed on an ad hoc basis, delegating information requests to appropriate internal teams as needed and ensuring they are delivered with high quality and in a timely manner
- Manage all inbound speaking and interview requests for the CEO, and work communications team to identify potential speaking opportunities valuable for the company.
- Prepare communication and research for the CEO, including, but not limited to, company updates, business strategy, customer information and industry analysis
- Act as sounding board / thought partner with expert-level communications knowledge provided to CEO and VP of Business Strategy and Operations
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Master's of Public Administration strongly preferred
- 3+ years of management consulting experience
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior level executives (i.e. C-suite)
- Strong business acumen (e.g. ability to understand financial models, and other business case elements)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously transparently, ensuring that all internal and external stakeholders understand the projects' goals and deliverables
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously as well as effectively collaborate across teams and to work in a diverse, fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills possessing the ability to compile & analyze large data sets and present effective reports
- Create thinker and problem solver with a bias towards thoughtful action
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, communicating effectively with customers, executives, & stakeholder (both internal & external) at all levels
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top